Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Publicly urinating England players

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Except these boys are meant to be role models and are representing an entire country, you'd have hoped that at some point they would have grown out of 'being boys' anyway.

I cbf to get into whether they ought to be punished and all that, but as far as I'm concerned it's a totally stupid thing to do, and the kind of thing that would only a real knobhead would take part in.
    Indeed.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    While I don't think this is that big a deal, I've never really understood the passion blokes in sporting teams have for getting their knobs out in front of each other. Lets face it, they were only pissing so it gave them a reason to have their dicks out in front of their mates. Standing there with your member in your hand doing nothing would just be weird.
    Maximas likes this.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

I like this........

But there is a theme here: after almost every game, a story has emerged that has been designed to denigrate and demean the most successful Test team England have produced for many, many years. Whether it has been about England players smoking, England players not walking, the perceived deficiencies of England's captain compared to Australia's, or the latest 'slashes' story, all too often the narrative of this series has been manipulated to divert attention from Australia's failings.
    England knew how to seize moment | Cricket News | Australia in England - The Investec Ashes | ESPN Cricinfo

And you can add to the above the silicone tape and ball tampering whispers after the first test.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Except these boys are meant to be role models and are representing an entire country, you'd have hoped that at some point they would have grown out of 'being boys' anyway.

I cbf to get into whether they ought to be punished and all that, but as far as I'm concerned it's a totally stupid thing to do, and the kind of thing that would only a real knobhead would take part in.
    You don't agree and that is fair enough but for **** sake lighten up. They have just won the Ashes and had a few beers and doing something silly and part of a shared experience. I agree that it isn't genius but it is a bit of fun.

I'd also take issue with the role model bit but that is for another day. Anyway, who wants to grow out of 'boys being boys'?

People need to stop taking themselves and others too seriously.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

still scratching around in the same old hole

You don't agree and that is fair enough but for **** sake lighten up. They have just won the Ashes and had a few beers and doing something silly and part of a shared experience. I agree that it isn't genius but it is a bit of fun. Letting their hair down after a couple of months of intense competition.

I'd also take issue with the role model bit but that is for another day. Anyway, who wants to grow out of 'boys being boys'?

Pro sportsmen don't get to act like 18 year olds from the local pub team. That's part of the gig.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    You don't agree and that is fair enough but for **** sake lighten up. They have just won the Ashes and had a few beers and doing something silly and part of a shared experience. I agree that it isn't genius but it is a bit of fun.

A bit of fun? Ok, if you want me to "lighten up" about this, then I'd like to you explain to me very precisely how a bunch of grown men exposing themselves and publicly urinating constitutes fun. If a friend of mine asked me to come out and have some fun, I'd be aghast if he followed up by saying "yeah, we could all get our knobs out and piss all over a cricket pitch, it'll be loads of fun". It's really lowest common denominator stuff.

As for who wants to grown out of boys being boys, I should like to think that I for one grew out of wanting to piss in a public place without a second thought when I was about 5 years old. The whole "ah give them a break, they were just being lads" defence is always one that grates with me anyway, because in the majority of circumstances it seems to be that "being a lad" is synonymous with "being a ****". People never, for instance, talk about "being lads" whenever anything good has happened; it's always reeled out when something clearly unacceptable has happened and an excuse is needed (e.g. a group of grown men show up at their place of work after hours, get drunk and decide to take their pants off and piss all over the place, "oh...um...never mind, it was just boys having fun").
    Last edited by sledger; 27-08-2013 at 04:55 AM.

International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    Sounds like the aussie journalists stayed at the ground for as long as posisble in the hope that something like this would happen. England probably assumed that at midnight everybody would have gone home. Nice story to deflect from the 3-0 defeat for the aussies though it was a shame the English players obliged.
    Adders likes this.

FMD, how anyone can get wound up over this is beyond me.

What details are there in this "Non story"?? They way some are turning their noses up they are clearly assuming that a group of blokes ceremoniously waved their willies around in some laddish tomfoolery whilst paying the ultimate insult to the Oval wicket.

Or.

The players simply spent some time sitting around the wicket sinking some beers celebrating their victory, as and when nature took its course they didn't feel the need to move very far to relieve themselves.

I guess it's not for everyone but my lemon tree at home gets plenty of watering when I'm outside drinking........WTF am I gonna traipse inside for a piss when my lemon tree is 3 feet away from me?? If I have mates around for a BBQ etc then they do the same.

All this has come from some left over Aussie journos at the ground after hours.......probably the same ****s that started the silicone tape bollocks.

What a load of crap this is........can't believe some of you are getting sucked in.
    Johann and Swingpanzee like this.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    Sounds like the aussie journalists stayed at the ground for as long as posisble in the hope that something like this would happen. England probably assumed that at midnight everybody would have gone home. Nice story to deflect from the 3-0 defeat for the aussies though it was a shame the English players obliged.
    Yeah, it was a conspiracy. I can see it now, Aussie journalists half way out the gate before one of them turns to the others and says, "Hang on boys, why are we heading back to the hotel this early!? Why don't we hang around and see if we can catch the English lads pissing on the wicket?".
    Agent Nationaux likes this.

Banned
    Was this a showing of solidarity that paves the way for Monty Panesar to be included for the Australian tour?

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    FMD, how anyone can get wound up over this is beyond me.

What details are there in this "Non story"?? They way some are turning their noses up they are clearly assuming that a group of blokes ceremoniously waved their willies around in some laddish tomfoolery whilst paying the ultimate insult to the Oval wicket.

Or.

The players simply spent some time sitting around the wicket sinking some beers celebrating their victory, as and when nature took its course they didn't feel the need to move very far to relieve themselves.

I guess it's not for everyone but my lemon tree at home gets plenty of watering when I'm outside drinking........WTF am I gonna traipse inside for a piss when my lemon tree is 3 feet away from me?? If I have mates around for a BBQ etc then they do the same.

All this has come from some left over Aussie journos at the ground after hours.......probably the same ****s that started the silicone tape bollocks.

What a load of crap this is........can't believe some of you are getting sucked in.
    What you do in your own home is largely your own business. But it's totally disingenuous to suggest that what you do privately in your garden is comparable to what high profile and professional sportsmen do in the middle of a public place. There is clearly a massive divergence in the standards of behaviour expected in those two scenarios.

But since we're going on about "boys being boys", another things that boys do is fall out and fight. I don't recall many people waxing philosophical about David Warner punching Joe Root in the face, it was quite rightly called out for being the piece of ****ty behaviour it was. Punching someone in the face is more serious than what's gone on here, you might argue, but to me they are both examples of behaviour which is unacceptable. To bag on one but to offer the "boys will be boys" cop out to the other is just nonsense in my opinion.
    CricAddict likes this.

What you do in your own home is largely your own business. But it's totally disingenuous to suggest that what you do privately in your garden is comparable to what high profile and professional sportsmen do in the middle of a public place. There is clearly a massive divergence in the standards of behaviour expected in those two scenarios.
    It's taking a piss on patch of dirt mate........how do "standards of behaviour" come into it?? So long as women and children don't have to watch what's the big deal??

What time did this alleged incident take place?? I don't think you can class a closed sports stadium after hours a public place.

EDIT:

If there is any evidence at all that the team lined up and all pissed as one on the wicket in some bizarre ceremony then you've got a point........not a good thing. But if it is a group of lads drinking outside and pissing outside then there is absolutely nothing to discuss.

And judging by the lack of detail in the article my bet is very strongly on it being the later scenario.
    Last edited by Adders; 27-08-2013 at 03:58 AM.

journos and some rubbish collectors/venue management people were still around, they shouldn't have done it, simple as that.
    There are two colours in my head

Sugarealm

was anyone wearing a wig for a beard
    Son Of Coco and Cabinet96 like this.
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information