• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Publicly urinating England players

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Your post brought back some memories, fred. I remember the legendary mark at urinals in my elementary school. It was a line drawn on the wall about 2 meters high above the floor and it read "record of the school." No one ever knew who achieved such a feat but it was equal to golden medal from Olympics for every 2nd grader :)
Ours was something similar - I was better at the horizontal than the vertical - I never fully mastered the technique for the "high splash" though I wasn't too bad - we actually had rules - there was a line you had to stand on, a bit like an oche at darts, and there were only a handful of trained observers who could authenticate record attempts - they were more important than the prefects

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Exactly. Boys being boys.
Except these boys are meant to be role models and are representing an entire country, you'd have hoped that at some point they would have grown out of 'being boys' anyway.

I cbf to get into whether they ought to be punished and all that, but as far as I'm concerned it's a totally stupid thing to do, and the kind of thing that would only a real knobhead would take part in.

Son Of Coco

I think we can all excuse Kerrigan because there's no way his piss would have hit the pitch.
I just hope there weren't any full tosses.

It goes without saying that there were definately some full tossers there however.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah this situation is exactly the same as when you were 10 years old and pissing on the walls in your primary school.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Except these boys are meant to be role models and are representing an entire country, you'd have hoped that at some point they would have grown out of 'being boys' anyway.

I cbf to get into whether they ought to be punished and all that, but as far as I'm concerned it's a totally stupid thing to do, and the kind of thing that would only a real knobhead would take part in.
Indeed.

Son Of Coco

While I don't think this is that big a deal, I've never really understood the passion blokes in sporting teams have for getting their knobs out in front of each other. Lets face it, they were only pissing so it gave them a reason to have their dicks out in front of their mates. Standing there with your member in your hand doing nothing would just be weird.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I like this........

But there is a theme here: after almost every game, a story has emerged that has been designed to denigrate and demean the most successful Test team England have produced for many, many years. Whether it has been about England players smoking, England players not walking, the perceived deficiencies of England's captain compared to Australia's, or the latest 'slashes' story, all too often the narrative of this series has been manipulated to divert attention from Australia's failings.
England knew how to seize moment | Cricket News | Australia in England - The Investec Ashes | ESPN Cricinfo

And you can add to the above the silicone tape and ball tampering whispers after the first test.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member

You don't agree and that is fair enough but for **** sake lighten up. They have just won the Ashes and had a few beers and doing something silly and part of a shared experience. I agree that it isn't genius but it is a bit of fun.

I'd also take issue with the role model bit but that is for another day. Anyway, who wants to grow out of 'boys being boys'?

People need to stop taking themselves and others too seriously.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member

You don't agree and that is fair enough but for **** sake lighten up. They have just won the Ashes and had a few beers and doing something silly and part of a shared experience. I agree that it isn't genius but it is a bit of fun. Letting their hair down after a couple of months of intense competition.

I'd also take issue with the role model bit but that is for another day. Anyway, who wants to grow out of 'boys being boys'?

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Pro sportsmen don't get to act like 18 year olds from the local pub team. That's part of the gig.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
You don't agree and that is fair enough but for **** sake lighten up. They have just won the Ashes and had a few beers and doing something silly and part of a shared experience. I agree that it isn't genius but it is a bit of fun.

A bit of fun? Ok, if you want me to "lighten up" about this, then I'd like to you explain to me very precisely how a bunch of grown men exposing themselves and publicly urinating constitutes fun. If a friend of mine asked me to come out and have some fun, I'd be aghast if he followed up by saying "yeah, we could all get our knobs out and piss all over a cricket pitch, it'll be loads of fun". It's really lowest common denominator stuff.

As for who wants to grown out of boys being boys, I should like to think that I for one grew out of wanting to piss in a public place without a second thought when I was about 5 years old. The whole "ah give them a break, they were just being lads" defence is always one that grates with me anyway, because in the majority of circumstances it seems to be that "being a lad" is synonymous with "being a ****". People never, for instance, talk about "being lads" whenever anything good has happened; it's always reeled out when something clearly unacceptable has happened and an excuse is needed (e.g. a group of grown men show up at their place of work after hours, get drunk and decide to take their pants off and piss all over the place, "oh...um...never mind, it was just boys having fun").

Last edited:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Sounds like the aussie journalists stayed at the ground for as long as posisble in the hope that something like this would happen. England probably assumed that at midnight everybody would have gone home. Nice story to deflect from the 3-0 defeat for the aussies though it was a shame the English players obliged.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
FMD, how anyone can get wound up over this is beyond me.

What details are there in this "Non story"?? They way some are turning their noses up they are clearly assuming that a group of blokes ceremoniously waved their willies around in some laddish tomfoolery whilst paying the ultimate insult to the Oval wicket.

Or.

The players simply spent some time sitting around the wicket sinking some beers celebrating their victory, as and when nature took its course they didn't feel the need to move very far to relieve themselves.

I guess it's not for everyone but my lemon tree at home gets plenty of watering when I'm outside drinking........WTF am I gonna traipse inside for a piss when my lemon tree is 3 feet away from me?? If I have mates around for a BBQ etc then they do the same.

All this has come from some left over Aussie journos at the ground after hours.......probably the same ****s that started the silicone tape bollocks.

What a load of crap this is........can't believe some of you are getting sucked in.

Son Of Coco

Sounds like the aussie journalists stayed at the ground for as long as posisble in the hope that something like this would happen. England probably assumed that at midnight everybody would have gone home. Nice story to deflect from the 3-0 defeat for the aussies though it was a shame the English players obliged.
Yeah, it was a conspiracy. I can see it now, Aussie journalists half way out the gate before one of them turns to the others and says, "Hang on boys, why are we heading back to the hotel this early!? Why don't we hang around and see if we can catch the English lads pissing on the wicket?".