• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at The Gabba

uvelocity

International Coach
if we lose at the gabba i'll burn the place down. well i probably will anyway, **** of a joint

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Draw, IMHO.

It's how they roll in Brisbane.

Taylor in at #6 & Tremlett in as the third seamer is the way England will go.

Personally I'd like to see Compo or Robson to open and Root back down the order, but don't think it'll happen.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The West Indies went 60 years unbeaten at Bridgetown.
Wow. Holy ****.

Anyway, momentum is key here. I reckon England scraping away with a draw in the first Test in the 2009 Ashes and coming back hard in the 2010/11 Ashes first Test helped them majorly in the series. In plenty of our big wins winning the first test heavily set the tone for the series.

Then again this didn't happen in 1997 and 2005....

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, when was the last time we lost here?

Serious question btw.

EDIT: Missed your new post. Longest streak at one ground ever?
Nah, you had 70 odd years at Lords FFS........this team put an end to that and we can do the same at the Gabba. Except we always start series really badly.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Australia lose at the Gabba all hope for the return series is lost
I would agree there, even if England are 1-0 up after Adelaide with Brisbane drawn i'd say it is game over. It would then be so long since a win for Australia you would be amazed to see them win 2 out of 3 and not lose the other.

91Jmay

International Coach
So much can happen in between but as things stand I see a draw here, and as I put in another thread the final series result as 2-1 but I can't decide who to yet.