• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at The Gabba

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It may have something to do with his front arm, it drops pretty early. I'm not entirely sure though.
Honestly, if I could bowl really fast, I think I'd pitch about one ball a spell up. Just bang everything into the ribs/ throat/ head. **** it would be great fun.

Unproductive but fun.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Honestly, if I could bowl really fast, I think I'd pitch about one ball a spell up. Just bang everything into the ribs/ throat/ head. **** it would be great fun.

Unproductive but fun.
Haha, yeah it'd be hard not to, especially if it's getting results. There's nothing better than hitting a batsman with a short ball, especially if it was planned well in advance.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The other thing is, no one enjoys facing it. Some blokes play it well, but it's a mad rush.

Son Of Coco

The other thing is, no one enjoys facing it. Some blokes play it well, but it's a mad rush.
Short, quick and jagging around is a nightmare. I reckon there's always a brief loss of bodily function when facing short-pitched bowling, regardless of the batsman. I always used to duck, and I still **** myself. This may have also had something to do with the fact I was a ****house bat.

Son Of Coco

I have the day off. Might spend it doing laps of the Gabba seeing if I can run Mark Nicholas over when he ducks out for a coffee.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Why do you say that? England weren't bowling THAT well and the pitch was fairly good to bat on. A partnership was inevitable.
yeah and what little movement there was in the pitch completely died once the ball was older than 30 overs. A lower order resistance was to be expected - although not quite to the level that Johnson and Haddin produced.