• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at The Gabba

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I haven't watched the match except for 10 minutes at the local pub, the pitch looked the usual Gabba pitch, which is pretty good for batting for the first few days.
Just saw Clarke's wicket, a good delivery for sure.
But the rest of the wickets, was it just poor batting or the abusing and jeering of Broad backfiring badly into making him bowl brilliantly?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow... just woke up to hear them talking about Haddin. Great stuff from England or dodgy batting?
Largely the latter, although it's foolish to deny that England have bowled well.

Swann hasn't bowled much, he's been pretty meh IMO.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When Australia bats first, huge. Anyone else, abysmal. Current team is bucking the trend.
Mmhmm. Kinda what I thought. I only seem to have memories of interminably long Australian innings at Brisbane - generally with some extra added humiliation thrown in along the way for good measure.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I haven't watched the match except for 10 minutes at the local pub, the pitch looked the usual Gabba pitch, which is pretty good for batting for the first few days.
Just saw Clarke's wicket, a good delivery for sure.
But the rest of the wickets, was it just poor batting or the abusing and jeering of Broad backfiring badly into making him bowl brilliantly?
Fair bit drier than a usual
Gabba pitch and not quite as fast imo

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Not convinced the the ball is coming out of Tremlett's hand properly. His wrist isnt behind the ball and it is sliding down the left side. Loss of pace there.

91Jmay

International Coach
Largely the latter, although it's foolish to deny that England have bowled well.

Swann hasn't bowled much, he's been pretty meh IMO.
Swanns been fine, under 3 RPO inside first 40 overs on 1st day Gabba is no problem. Tremlett has beem more meh to me.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Warne pattern is being set for the series, praise Cook's captaincy and it is all thanks to him.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
They should cut their losses on it and bring back the Zinger Pie IMO. Would offer more to the Australian fans' cricket experience this summer than any other #6 candidate.
Ind33d. Zinger Pie is likely to result in more runs as well, to be perfectly honest.