• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at The Gabba

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So, just a brief statistical comparision as we ease into the second session:

Batting averages of Aussie top 7 from today's vs England: 36, 35, 36, 52, 34, n/a, and 33. Batting averages of Bangladesh top 7 from last test vs New Zealand: 38, 10, 26, 83, 37, 32, 45.

Australian mean batting average (best 6): 37
Bangladesh mean batting average (best 6): 43.5

That is all. Enjoy the cricket, fellas.
While I like Bangladesh and feel their batting lineup is coming together nicely, Bangladesh play so many more matches against the lower ranked nations than Australia does that you can't realistically take those figures as fact.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
While I like Bangladesh and feel their batting lineup is coming together nicely, Bangladesh play so many more matches against the lower ranked nations than Australia does that you can't realistically take those figures as fact.
They also have a bloke averaging 83 after two matches to completely skew the stats.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So, just a brief statistical comparision as we ease into the second session:

Batting averages of Aussie top 7 from today's vs England: 36, 35, 36, 52, 34, n/a, and 33. Batting averages of Bangladesh top 7 from last test vs New Zealand: 38, 10, 26, 83, 37, 32, 45.

Australian mean batting average (best 6): 37
Bangladesh mean batting average (best 6): 43.5

That is all. Enjoy the cricket, fellas.
Who averages 83?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
This partnership really is a win for the good guys of Australian Cricket. The People's Champ and Gorgeous George.

91Jmay

International Coach
In addition the guy who brings there mean up has played a handful of games.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia seem to have forgotten that you don't play the man, you play the bloody ball. Watch the ball, move into position and leave, block or smash that sucker. Today's dismissals have been awful.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
What? Border batted four most of his career

Don't be ****ing sullying AB, ****
88 innings at 4, 70 at 5 and 63 at 6.

I'm not sullying him in anyway, Border batted down the order in a crap team, the idea that Clarke has to bat 4 is stupid.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
88 innings at 4, 70 at 5 and 63 at 6.

I'm not sullying him in anyway, Border batted down the order in a crap team, the idea that Clarke has to bat 4 is stupid.
The idea that he got out to that ball because he batted 4 and not 5 is also stupid though.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No he ****ing didn't. He batted four through the worst of times, he batted five when GC owned four then dropped down again once Mark Waugh developed