• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at The Gabba

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Yes Prior's too important to risk in the first Test if there is any doubt over his fitness. It's a long old series. Though it'll be a massive boost if he is included.
yu just mean his presence around the team? Would you really lose much in skills with Bairstow?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's a worry for Australia if Prior is replaced by Bairstow, strengthens the batting (and judging by England the keeping also).

Would expect Tremlett to be the third seam bowler, but praying to god it's Finn.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sky Sports News reporting Faulkner will play ahead of Lyon, as has been suggested on here. They aren't confirming it, mind.

Woodster

International Captain
yu just mean his presence around the team? Would you really lose much in skills with Bairstow?
His presence and everything he offers outside of his own skill set, but yes I think we would lose plenty both behind the stumps and in front of them.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Also, 15 minutes since I put SSN on, football hasn't been mentioned once. A record, I'm certain.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sky Sports News reporting Faulkner will play ahead of Lyon, as has been suggested on here. They aren't confirming it, mind.
Jesus Christ I hope this isn't true. Was just thinking this morning that they're probably going to try do something funky like they did in England. Poor Nathan :(

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It wouldn't be the start of a test series if Lyon wasn't treated like ****

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha Harmison says what I have been saying for years, that Johnson is the Australian version of him.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Johnson has one of the best test centuries I've seen live though..

19 pages already and still 90 minutes left.. Foaming here