• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at The Gabba

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
yeah brayshaw is pure hell. Think Hussey will be pretty good. Will no doubt try and come up with interesting things to say. Doesn't exactly have a commentators voice though.
The first time I heard Mark Nicklaus commentating was loathsome and ever since. Nevertheless I'd rather him than that **** Brayshaw

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
mike selvey ‏@selvecricket 3m
" I'm going for the throat" -Mitchell Johnson
" Bowl short at The Gabba and you'll get murdered."- Ed Cowan
Discuss.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
No, that is exactly my problem with the ****. He is just bog ordinary. ****s as bog ordinary as Mitchell Johnson should not have selectors pissing their ****ing pants over them. On his record he is not going to put the fear of god into the Poms, he is not going to break a few fingers, he is not going to swing the ****ing ball. The most likely outcome is that the **** will bowl a bit of loose trash, go for about 4 an over, pick up 4 wickets (at least one off a really **** ball), and have the selectors raving about how he's getting back to his best and hopefully we won't be 2-0 down by the time we get to Perth (where he'll tear the poms a new one just you watch).

Yes he could come out and win the test for us, but its no more likely than him going wicketless and conceding a mountain of runs. Some fixate on either of these extremes. The selectors on his best, the BA on his worst for instance. I just think his normal average performances don't justify his place. We have better options.
Your better options are injured.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Daily percentage chance of rain:
Day 1 - 0
Day 2 - 30
Day 3 - 60
Day 4 - 10
Day 5 - 0

So just the Saturday looking an issue at this stage, but even then, it says scattered showers, so hopefully they happen after stumps..
Could be spending this year at the test the same way as last year - at The Storey Bridge Hotel - if Saturday's rain comes early.

Ruckus

International Captain
Why doesn't Butterworth ever get a mention. I mean if they are willing to play Bird, how is he that much different. He adds a lot with the bat too.

Spikey

Matt Cenin ‏@Matt_Cenin 11m
G.Bailey addresses media at Bris Airport. Says he's spoken to Bob Quiney about what to expect #Ashes #UniteAus

adub

International Captain
Your better options are injured.
Bollinger missed this week but would be fine for the Test he is a better option. Chadd is a better option, Hilf is a better option, Forkers is a better option, yes even Copes is a better option than MJ. **** it Cutting, Butts and probably NCN, and even McKay should be considered better options. The selectors though seem to think it's a pissing contest and rate 'ooh he's so scary he can bowl 150+' above keeping it tight and keeping the pressure on at both ends. Fingers crossed for them, because usually Johnson's extra pace just gets the ball to the rope quicker.

Spikey

i would rather MJ play than Cutting, NCN, McKay and Faulkner just ftr

Last edited: