• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at The Gabba

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fell asleep just as Haddin came in and woke up to Nasser talking about Trott and scrambled brains.

Riggins

International Captain
I think Lyon will take a few in the England second innings, with the way the ball is keeping low.

If I wasn't $2,000 in debt after 12 months of backpacking, I'd throw some money on him taking a 5-fer
seems like a pretty easy way to clear the debt tbh

social

The craziest thing about Trott's "strategy" was that anything he hits is going up in the air whilst he would've struggled to hit anything full if Johnson had bothered pitching it full

It was literally a case of 4, 6 or out

Amazing stuff from a world class player

If the next test was anywhere but Adelaide, I'd drop him

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nick Hoult ‏@NHoultCricket 4m
Punch 2: "Trott has worked hard in the nets on short ball but when facing a 150kmh short ball from MJ the way to go is not back away"

it's just david warner giving good technique advice tbh

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
After a week of no sleep I am happy I went off before play started and slept through after seeing the scorecard. Well done Australia 1 up unless a monsoon saves us. Only thing to say is when will the game end, 30 minutes after tea is my guess.

That Trott dismissal was woeful, how long till Bell is at 3 and and Stokes at 6? I personally wouldn't go with Stokes but if they keep targetting Swann then our seamers need an extra bit of help.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Annoys me in these circumstances when the TV people start discussing whether England have a chance of a draw

Save weather, there is no chance of a draw, surely. If we batted those overs out we'd win.

social

Annoys me in these circumstances when the TV people start discussing whether England have a chance of a draw

Save weather, there is no chance of a draw, surely. If we batted those overs out we'd win.
Correct Gimli

Save weather, it's win or loss

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
England could quite conceivably score at under 2.98 runs per over and not get the total, if they manage to bat 180 overs. KP would have to play an uncharacteristically slow knock.

harsh.ag

Yup, those discussing a draw need to be put out of their misery.

Johnson to get the MoM for sure. Haddin has proven his worth to the side again. Nobody seems to be talking about it, but did Australia really need to declare? I mean, England do have time to win this, and they don't need 2 days to bowl out this side. And, Watson has done nothing again.

Son Of Coco

I think the target of the abuse determines whether the act is justified. KP is ****y but is ok. I loved his master class in batting and he bantered with the crowd when he could have just ignored them. I think the bogan was just trying to funny but didn't realise what a **** he ended up looking like. So more a backfired joke than a dog act.

However sledging Broad is fine by me and he can't say he doesn't deserve it.
Yeah, he was good with the crowd today at the game too. Was fielding right below where we were sitting for most of the time.

I wanted to ask him whether he's practised his batting or the way he struts around more. The latter has clearly had a lot of hours put into it, you can't walk like that naturally. It's impossible.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yup, those discussing a draw need to be put out of their misery.

Johnson to get the MoM for sure. Haddin has proven his worth to the side again. Nobody seems to be talking about it, but did Australia really need to declare? I mean, England do have time to win this, and they don't need 2 days to bowl out this side. And, Watson has done nothing again.
A big WTF. Apart from your Haddin and Watson comment...

Why is Johnson MoM for sure? You just said England have a chance of winning in which case Johnson isn't getting the award and if Harris takes 7-fa this innings he will be MoM.

social

Yeah, he was good with the crowd today at the game too. Was fielding right below where we were sitting for most of the time.

I wanted to ask him whether he's practised his batting or the way he struts around more. The latter has clearly had a lot of hours put into it, you can't walk like that naturally. It's impossible.
KP seems to enjoy playing in Oz and definitely interacts more with the crowd and media here than in England

Makes you wonder why he didn't settle in Perth as it is infinitely better than the Midlands

harsh.ag

A big WTF. Apart from your Haddin and Watson comment...

Why is Johnson MoM for sure? You just said England have a chance of winning in which case Johnson isn't getting the award and if Harris takes 7-fa this innings he will be MoM.
I mean there are 2 days left. Why give the opposition even a whiff of victory? Obviously, the odds are overwhelmingly in favor of the Aussies winning, but say 2 wickets hadn't fallen, and Carberry was on song. That could have happened.

Johnson scored 64 and took 4 wickets in first innings, then scored 39 and has already taken a wicket. So pretty much a lock for the MoM. I am not saying England can win now. I am saying they could have had those 2 wickets not fallen. It was a risk. And Harris is not taking a 7-fer. Lyon taking at least 2 wickets now with the wicket keeping slightly low.