• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at The Gabba

BeeGee

International Captain
Gonna throw it out there, I want to see Johnson bowl well. I don't want him to take wickets but it'd be good to see him on song and a contest here. Rather than him go at 4.5s and get cut to the fence every over
Be careful what you wish for.

wiff

First Class Debutant
The word 'road' is one of the most irritating to here on these forums. You would have to be someone with very limited Cricketing knowledge or a professional troll if you thought that this is a road. The pitch is fine, FFS.
England have a long road ahead. MJ rode the rocky road of doubt and threw down some marshmallows, along with some nuts. Mmmm why am I thinking of food all the time?

Last edited:

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Not keen on the over use of intent but England really got bogged down. Pitch has bounce but no sideways movement. Your top order has to know how to work the ball.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
I know cricket's so different now days to pre helmets but I'm not a fan of bowling short at tailenders repeatedly. Particularly someone of Tremlett's skill. Swann or Broad is ok but just looks like they don't back themselves against tailenders ffs

Spark

Global Moderator
This is fun but just bowl a yorker and you're a damn good chance of knocking leg stump out of the ground