• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England's ODI side - sponsored by Cabinet96

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Bresnan now being unavailable is a huge blow to the ODI team...but equally he'll be missing the last Test, so I'd be pretty certain Tremlett will come in for him. God knows if KP will be fit, so equally we may see Taylor get a go. Only minor changes for the last Test then. Should be a good Test.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Bresnan now being unavailable is a huge blow to the ODI team...but equally he'll be missing the last Test, so I'd be pretty certain Tremlett will come in for him. God knows if KP will be fit, so equally we may see Taylor get a go. Only minor changes for the last Test then. Should be a good Test.
:lol:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yes yes yes

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Umm where do we put the T-20 side, anyway Carberry called up along with the usual suspects.

England T20 squad v Australia: Broad, Bopara, Briggs, Buttler, Carberry, Willey's bitch, Finn, Hales, Lumb, Morgan, Rankin, Tredwell, Wright

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
1. Hales
2. Lumb
3. Carberry
4. Wright
5. Morgan
6. Bopara
7. Buttler
8. Broad
9. Tredwell
10. Briggs/Rankin
11. Finn

Would be my side.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Apparently Root has now been added to the squad. Can only assume they forgot him when naming the initial squad.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Bopara still isn't bowling which is annoying. Wright also bowled a grand total of 1 over in the 6 games he played for Sussex in the T20. So possibly the reason Root comes in. You can tell that Samit Patel is a complete persona non grata with the england guys these days - not selected all summer for the full team or the lions iirc.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Maybe if Samit gave up his love affair with the pies he'd be in the set up.
It's a shame really, he did have decent s-r in ODIs, and his bowling was okay. Yet as you say he kept on getting warnings about his weight, and I just guess they've had enough now.

91Jmay

International Coach
If Ravi isn't fit to bowl you'd have to think Luke Wright is the guy to replace him. Captain of the Lions, and smashing the Deshi A's all over the place today.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I really thought Napier might be in with a shot at making the ODI team this season. Obviously age always becomes a barrier when selecting a 33 year old debutant for an ODI but with the World Cup so close and him not showing any signs of decline at all, not to mention Bresnan being injured, I thought he might've been worth a go here. Obviously the ODI squad hasn't been named yet and he could well actually be in that, but him not making the T20 squad makes it seem a lot less likely.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Can happen to anyone against the might of Cameron White tbh.

Anyway, England have a lot of all-round options who could be potential players, but none have ever convinced that they're international quality, although half of them haven't even had a chance.

The squad for the Australia ODI's hasn't actually been named yet, and with Bopara and Bresnan injured, Samit out of favour again and Woakes having failed to impress last time he got his chance, there could be an opportunity given to a long time county performer or another go for a previously tried player who failed, so you never know. I certainly don't think they'll want Root as their only fifth bowling option or Broad at 7.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'd straight up pick Napier over Dernbach or Rankin on bowling alone at this point even if he couldn't bat to the literal extent of England having to declare at 9 down.