• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bresnan out and doubtful for the winter with a stress fracture of the back. Guess Tremlett steps straight in
Yeah, bit of a shock, should be Tremlett. Of course if Onions misses out because he's now injured, I expect a proper Scaly rant.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Presumably that rules him out of the return leg as well.

A shame, as he was getting back to his best IMO.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Stress fracture would be struggling for the Gabba. Would be hard to see him back to match fitness for the whole series. That's gutting for him as once again he's proved everyone wrong.

Pothas

It is a real shame for Bresnan. Don't think it would have been a bad thing for England if it was a couple of weeks because I think it would be good to see Tremlett before they select touring party but if Tim is a doubt for the winter that is a major blow.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
This is absolutely gutting news, for the team and for Bres himself. Was just getting back to form and once again it's taken away from him. If he misses the away leg I can see him having a similar exile to last time, possibly for good though. :(

Howe must be on suicide watch.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, ****ing terrible. I shudder to think of what the ODI seam attack will look like as well with many of the front liners likely to get rest time throughout the series.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bugger, hope it not a serious one and he is ok for the winter. At least the Loins are there and he can get match practice if he needs it.

Tremlett in for me, means Jimmy probably has to play now but I wouldn't be upset if he doesn't.

91Jmay

International Coach
Gosh, our ODI seam attack without Bres and rotating Jimmy/Broad (will be what probably happens) is a terrifying thought. Woakes and Finn? Then probably a debutant and they could go a few different ways.

grecian

Gosh, our ODI seam attack without Bres and rotating Jimmy/Broad (will be what probably happens) is a terrifying thought. Woakes and Finn? Then probably a debutant and they could go a few different ways.
Finn isn't bad in ODIs, but yeah it could be awful the rest of'em, if they decide to rest Jimmeh and Stuey.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
You'd imagine Rankin will play? Tremlett will probably get thrown in just to give him some bowling.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Jade will be leading it out, never fear.
Tragic but true.

Finn isn't bad in ODIs, but yeah it could be awful the rest of'em, if they decide to rest Jimmeh and Stuey.
Reckon it'll be Finn, who's actually our best one day bowler when in form IMO, Rankin and Jade. Lucky Bopara came back btw, as with our old balance we'd have had to have got another seamer. I can't even think who it would be.

Woakes should be taken away from white ball cricket for England in the short term IMO. Not good enough yet and does his red ball chances no good.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah Finn is a pretty good ODI bowler, and I completely agree Woakes shouldn't be picked but lets face it the selectors have decided he is an England player so he will be given loads of chances. Its like we have gone a little bit to far opposite to the 90s and just pick the same names even when they regularly fail i.e Dernbach.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'd have thought Tremlett or Onions would be most likely seeing as Finn hasn't even been in the squad for the last 2 games.