• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just seen Broad's bouncer to Watson. Ouch. Reckon that's how he got to his ton though; forgot what score he was on

Also I missed the discussion this morning but those comments from Lehmann are an absolute disgrace.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
What did he say?

Just watching the highlights on 5. Man, Kerrigan's better than that. Bowled like a fecking drain tho. Just horrible to watch.

Can only think he swallowed it completely.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Just watching the highlights on 5. Man, Kerrigan's better than that. Bowled like a fecking drain tho. Just horrible to watch.

Can only think he swallowed it completely.
That must be Panesar's best day all summer. Barring a comeback of Lazerene proportions later in the match, Kerrigan's played himself well out of contention for the return leg.

Being out with the kids all day, I only caught snippets on TMS, although regrettably Blofeld seemed to be commentating every time. I got the impression Anderson bowled better than at any time since Trent bridge, Broad bowled well at times and was unlucky not to get more reward, Woakes was completely innocuous and there was nothing there for finger spinners at this stage of the game. Oh and that Watson's played himself into the side for Brisbane, which may not be the worst thing from an English pov.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Except Broad didn't hit it to first slip. He tickled one through to Haddin who fumbled it and it bounced off Haddin to first slip.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
That must be Panesar's best day all summer. Barring a comeback of Lazerene proportions later in the match, Kerrigan's played himself well out of contention for the return leg.

Being out with the kids all day, I only caught snippets on TMS, although regrettably Blofeld seemed to be commentating every time. I got the impression Anderson bowled better than at any time since Trent bridge, Broad bowled well at times and was unlucky not to get more reward, Woakes was completely innocuous and there was nothing there for finger spinners at this stage of the game. Oh and that Watson's played himself into the side for Brisbane, which may not be the worst thing from an English pov.
I only ever seemed to catch glimpses of Blowers before today. Now I fully agree with all the complaining you lot have done about him. I didn't know what had happened on a ball by the time 2 more had been bowled

BoyBrumby

Englishman

If what 5 is showing is a fair reflection of l'actualité that's seems pretty spot on.

Broad especially was slandered by his figures; just mullered Clarke. Jimmeh took the scalp, but an assist for Stu ju.

burr

State Vice-Captain
I'm so embarrassed as an Australian cricket supporter by Lehmamn. He's the coach! Sinking to Triple M levels of truly awful australian bogan sports fan is so unacceptable. What kind of example is that for his team - inciting fans to abuse an opposition player. And for not walking, which is entirely acceptable and blatantly NOT cheating. Seriously, that and the racist comment from his past makes me wonder.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was there much controversy when he stood himself down? What did people think? Can't imagine it happening.
It was thought of as very odd, but iirc he only missed one test, maybe two. He was terribly out of form though, so it wasn't as though he had looked like scoring any runs at all.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
hang on, that pitched in line, yet the ball managed to somehow dart away from the batsman to impact him umpire's call, and still managed to deviate the other way to hit off stump fully?
It wouldn't have been red if it pitched a foot outside off tbh. It's red because it is fine in terms of getting an LBW, not because more than 50% of the ball is inline.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant

Broad was awesome first up. Worked over Warner who then got out to a relatively innocuous ball from Jimmy. Jimmy however was almost back to his best as well. One of his great skills is going for **** all when the ball stops moving which is what he did today.

We let Oz get away when Kerrigan and Woakes bowled after the first hour. Kerrigan was bowling total apple pies and Woakes doesn't have much when the wickets as flat as that.

Also if Cook had caught Watson on 104 i think they might have been blown away for under 300.

For anyone who has seen Kerrigan bowl before. Sky were talking about him having a reputation as a big spinner. I realise he was probably just trying to put the ball on the pitch for most of his overs but his revs were terrible. Is he really a big spinner and just have a total mare or sky sky talking guff?