• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
A better batsman (I.e probably not an Aussie) would have nicked that to Cook

Who would have shelled it. Useless Richard III lookalike.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Good little performance from Siddle there 18* from 15 haha.

I think some people (who support Oz) who wake up hearing Siddle and Smith are at the crease will be annoyed before seeing the score.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
Great work from Siddle, scored runs and protected Smith. Made sure its Australia's day. England not bowled badly really aside from Kerrigan, but Watson/Smith did brilliantly on a good pitch.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Australia's day but very much in the balance if we start well. Having them 365 or so ao is not an unreasonable prospect.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Australia's day but very much in the balance if we start well. Having them 365 or so ao is not an unreasonable prospect.
6 for 58 would be a huge disappointment from here with Haddin, Faulkner, Starc, Harris and Lyon still to come. I think England will have done well to get us all out for under 420.

91Jmay

International Coach
6 for 58 would be a huge disappointment from here with Haddin, Faulkner, Starc, Harris and Lyon still to come. I think England will have done well to get us all out for under 420.
365 a.o is almost impossible from here. I agree England should be thankful to keep it around 430. Australia can't lose from here IMO.

CarlsbergXpress

U19 Vice-Captain
Agree, should be looking at 450 from here. Any less and still game on imo. It is gonna spin big later.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
How many did they add on the 3rd morning at Durham? They were five down then so don't see a huge difference. Don't think it's a ridiculous call. Not saying it will happen but that it's an achievable aim.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Jimmeh :lol:

'How do you deal with a drop like that'
'Just think about how many punches I'm going to throw at him in the dressing room'

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The tMS comms reckoned Clarke would have been lbw if the ball hasn't gone onto the stumps after flicking his pads but I haven't seen a proper replay to assess this. Were they talking bollocks?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Need someone to do what Steyn did to England on the second morning last year, don't want Starc and Haddin batting when they have 400 on the board.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The tMS comms reckoned Clarke would have been lbw if the ball hasn't gone onto the stumps after flicking his pads but I haven't seen a proper replay to assess this. Were they talking bollocks?
Looked outside the line to me.