• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

91Jmay

International Coach
My worry is this pitch looks a road against Woakes/Kerrigan but quite difficult against Swann/Broad/Jimmy. No comment on Faulkner as never seen him with a red ball, but the other 4 are good bowlers so should find some joy here.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone got any good stories facing quick bowling? My best was in the nets when I inside-edged one onto my box and in the process of looking down and saying Ooooooo the ball rebounded off my box and nabbed me on the chin, splitting the skin and pissing blood everywhere, including a little bit my crotch. Was on the ground grabbing my chin to stop the bleeding (was hurting more too) but everyone's screaming at my balls asking if I'm okay. Good times.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So the pressure has been on since lunch, Broad, Anderson and Swann overall 34-7-78-2. The debutants 7-1-58-0. Crunch time comes when either one comes back on, guess neither can bowl any worse.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
*tamely push one off the chin to 'keeper/short-leg*

"****ING LOSER, CAN'T PLAY THE SHORT ONES!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

*middle one off the nose to deep fine, said deep fine reels in a screamer*

"****ING LOSER, CAN'T PLAY THE SHORT ONES!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

etc.

Can't ****ing win.
Well you can bob and weave if its at your head but under your armpit you have to play it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So the pressure has been on since lunch, Broad, Anderson and Swann overall 34-7-78-2. The debutants 7-1-58-0. Crunch time comes when either one comes back on, guess neither can bowl any worse.
Don't think Woakes was really that bad; his natural line and length just very much aligns with Watson is always looking for and he didn't get any movement. It'll be interesting to see if he can change his plan should Watson still be batting when he next bowls.