• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hate facing guys who can actually bowl heat when it's like this. You know what's coming, you know it's going to be quick and nasty and you know if you survive it you'll get a lot more of it. Most nerve-wracking feeling.

flibbertyjibber

I think it was because there were executive boxes behind the bowler's arm which had blacked out windows, so if you had a tall bowler bowling from that end and were trying to watch the ball in his hand from the moment he started his run up it would be really difficult to see the ball as he enters his delivery stride because the ball would come out of the blackness of the windows.
Was it Headingley in the old days where guys like Ambrose being so tall used to cause havoc as it came out above all the whitened areas or was that Edgbaston too?

Spikey

so watson takes a big blow to the head and (possibly) needs a headache tablet......#concussion

benchmark00

Sky commentary team is a super poor one.

Atherton and Nasser are good, very good even.

Gower is decent and harmless I suppose.

Strauss has the potential to say things useful but never acts on it and ends up being boring.

Holding, Botham, Warne and Lloyd are so bad.

Am I missing someone?

benchmark00

Hate facing guys who can actually bowl heat when it's like this. You know what's coming, you know it's going to be quick and nasty and you know if you survive it you'll get a lot more of it. Most nerve-wracking feeling.
Yeah it's bull****. Legs start to go under you. Then if you get out to a full one when you play for the short one you look like a joke.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

gotta start pulling and hooking I reckon, might put Broad off the short stuff if successful
Get out top edging one when he is coming towards the end of a spell though and you would get slaughtered for it. Can't be many overs left in this spell so try and ride it out.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Sky commentary team is a super poor one.

Atherton and Nasser are good, very good even.

Gower is decent and harmless I suppose.

Strauss has the potential to say things useful but never acts on it and ends up being boring.

Holding, Botham, Warne and Lloyd are so bad.

Am I missing someone?
Nick Knight.

Would put him just above the Nass/Athers bracket ftr.

Top_Cat

Yeah it's bull****. Legs start to go under you. Then if you get out when you play for the short one you look like a joke.
*tamely push one off the chin to 'keeper/short-leg*

"****ING LOSER, CAN'T PLAY THE SHORT ONES!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

*middle one off the nose to deep fine, said deep fine reels in a screamer*

"****ING LOSER, CAN'T PLAY THE SHORT ONES!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

etc.

Can't ****ing win.

91Jmay

International Coach
Been a really good knock this from Twatto. As I mentioned earlier he looks in good nick, still a giant arsehole though.