• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Let the **** say what he wants. Kerrigan was still **** though and he plays for Wankashire so I am entitled to bag him.
It's still silly to right a bloke off after two overs, no matter how bad they are. We've both seen Kerrigan bowl before so neither of us were at all surprised when he rocked up looking like a club step-and-fetch it and bowled slow donkey drops with not much on them because.. that's what he always bowls. I don't think he'll be effective at this level and evidently neither do you, but the two overs he bowled in this game aren't really evidence either way of whether his style can translate to Tests because his style wasn't his problem in those two overs. His problem was the fact that he bowled an assortment of long hops, half volleys and full tosses, which presumably won't be a problem that lasts forever as it's not his usual MO.

Riggins

International Captain
Remember watching the 89 Ashes. The whole England line up was like Watson, the way they went lbw. I think Alderman got 21 lbws that series.

I loved Gooch's answering machine message that year when he stood himself down mid-series

"Hi, you've reached Graham Gooch. I'm out at the moment - probably lbw bowled Terry Alderman. Leave a message and I'll get back to you".
Was there much controversy when he stood himself down? What did people think? Can't imagine it happening.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Good ball from Swann to dismiss the left handed batsman.

Good news for my LMS chances.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's still silly to right a bloke off after two overs, no matter how bad they are. We've both seen Kerrigan bowl before so neither of us were at all surprised when he rocked up looking like a club step-and-fetch it and bowled slow donkey drops with not much on them because.. that's what he always bowls. I don't think he'll be effective at this level and evidently neither do you, but the two overs he bowled in this game aren't really evidence either way of whether his style can translate to Tests because his style wasn't his problem in those two overs. His problem was the fact that he bowled an assortment of long hops, half volleys and full tosses, which presumably won't be a problem that lasts forever as it's not his usual MO.
Huge difference from Div 2 on a bunsen burner to a test match though. He is a decent county bowler who has wrongly been picked off the back of a decent summer picking up cheap wickets in a poor division. Personally I am glad he has this chance as when he doesn't take it the thought of taking him on ashes tour instead of Monty will be ended. Monty is no world beater but he is several levels above Kerrigan.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Huge difference from Div 2 on a bunsen burner to a test match though. He is a decent county bowler who has wrongly been picked off the back of a decent summer picking up cheap wickets in a poor division. Personally I am glad he has this chance as when he doesn't take it the thought of taking him on ashes tour instead of Monty will be ended. Monty is no world beater but he is several levels above Kerrigan.
I actually agree with all of that. But the two overs he's bowled here aren't really evidence of anything because he hasn't bowled anywhere near as well as you'd expect him to on a regular basis. He's obviously going to be a lot more accurate than that moving forward and we'll see how effective his style can be when he actually does start landing them. Neither of our opinions are really actually based on those two overs.

Riggins

International Captain
If he had got out to that, and wasn't Michael Clarke, it would be the kind of dismissal that would get you dropped and never to return.