• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Two bowlers on debut is always risky.

I don't know what to make of Kerrigan yet, I mean he can only get better.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You could say the 90/91 pitch was the last of its kind and Brisbane has been a dryer, truer pitch ever since. Besides if it was damp McGrath would've scattered them which he kind of admitted (and in doing so defeating his insinuation) by saying Aus' attack was all wicket
It's always done a little early though, and Warne has always enjoyed the extra bounce. There's no comparison between a wicket that has changed due to weather conditions (ie a drought) and a wicket that has been changed to suit what a team thinks is its strength (or the other team's weakness). Never saw the Gabba turned into a raging turner for Warne's benefit, which was along the lines of what Atherton was suggesting, although he didn't go that far.

The real benefit Warne got from the Gabba pitch was the extra bounce and pace complimented the fact he could turn it on anything.

the big bambino

International Captain
Watson to join pretty elite company if he tons up before lunch. McCartney had his innings immortalised by Cardus. Watson's by cricketweb. Standards have definitely dropped all round.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I haven't seen a Kerrigan get clubbed around so badly since Nancy did back in the 90s.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
**** Holding talks **** about pitches.

He talks **** about lots of things during the game but his comments about pitches are just ridiculous.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Glad I didn't have to watch those two overs of Kegga's - would certainly have been in Gents/behind the sofa for the duration if I'd been anywhere near it

dermo

International Vice-Captain
**** this is vintage watson, just when you think he might get dropped he comes out with something like this to sure up his spot in the team for the next series where he will no doubt be complete **** for the entirety

and kerrigan = doherty in 3rd gear