• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I have no idea why Watto doesn't think it would be a slightly good idea to never attempt to hit the full/fullish balls to fine leg. If he plays straight and offers the full face of the bats its going to help him so much.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I have no idea why Watto doesn't think it would be a slightly good idea to never attempt to hit the full/fullish balls to fine leg. If he plays straight and offers the full face of the bats its going to help him so much.
Because batting doesn't work like that. If your head falls across then your pad will too, and then you'll have to play around it. You can't bring your bat down straight if your leg is there so the shot he has to play to make contact hits the ball square. He's not doing it on purpose.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just a force of habit. Hard to break out in the middle, but yeah so obvious. Was like Ponting leaning over in his twilight years in particular. Everyone knows he is doing it, even him, really difficult to change though.