Page 31 of 240 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
Like Tree308Likes

Thread: *Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

International Debutant the big bambino's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Man...

Enjoy your debut Faulkner experience.
    Yeah ok; I said you got me.

As for the selectors being sick of Cowan, Usman and Hughes...well that will last until the replacements fall short. Then its what abt Cowan, Hughes and Usman.
    Last edited by the big bambino; 21-08-2013 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Really don't get the relevance of Watson and Starc in this?
    As soon as the announcement was made I was annoyed that it appeared as though we are weakening the batting but I honestly don't think it has been weakened as Starc is better than Bird clearly and Khawaja was down on form so Faulkner just needs to the job that Watson did last Test and its clear that this lineup is better batting wise.

I think the key message out of Faulkner's selection is that the selection panel are not happy with Cowan, Hughes, Khawaja and perhaps Wade so think none of them deserve to play in Test match cricket until they have improved. Faulkner hasn't had the chance yet, he has been improving throughout his career, has performed quite strongly for Australia in International matches, has scored 82 runs and been dismissed just the once on tour and with the series already decided they want to give him a chance.
    NRL Tipping Champion 2014

Over 0.2: Putland to Nevill, OUT, no run, full ball swings in late to crash into his pads. Nevill is almost falling over trying to get bat on it but can't. Huge shout for LBW and Umpire Martell eventually raises the finger! P.Nevill - lbw b:Putland 0 (1 ball, 1 minute).

Good to see Ruckus back here. How did you enjoy the fourth test?
    suck my sweaty ball sack

As soon as the announcement was made I was annoyed that it appeared as though we are weakening the batting but I honestly don't think it has been weakened as Starc is better than Bird clearly and Khawaja was down on form so Faulkner just needs to the job that Watson did last Test and its clear that this lineup is better batting wise.

I think the key message out of Faulkner's selection is that the selection panel are not happy with Cowan, Hughes, Khawaja and perhaps Wade so think none of them deserve to play in Test match cricket until they have improved. Faulkner hasn't had the chance yet, he has been improving throughout his career, has performed quite strongly for Australia in International matches, has scored 82 runs and been dismissed just the once on tour and with the series already decided they want to give him a chance.

These are worse than my Maxwell posts. Pull your head in.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
    suck my sweaty ball sack
    Ruckus has decided he isn't gonna **** around any more
    There are two colours in my head

Sugarealm

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?

Who's more likely to make a meaningful contribution? Faulkner or Hughes? They may (although I dispute it but its reasonable suggest) both be as likely to fail, but Hughes is far more likely to make a meaningful contribution to Faulkner. So is Khawaja (a fifty in this series) and god help me, Wade.

Using a test match to see how players go is not how test cricket should be played. Why are we in the business of handing out caps to blokes just to see where they're at? Pick a team to give you the best chance of winning a test.

It's honestly the most disappointed I've been with an Australian selection since forever. Other times inferior players have been selected, but on this occasion not only has an inferior player been selected, he's been selected contrary to balance and the demands of the team.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Ashes 2013: Stuart Broad accused of blatant cheating by Darren Lehmann | Sport | theguardian.com

Weirdly timed cry from Lehmann.

Also if he is pro-walking, I'm not sure he is as in-tune with the 'baggy green culture' as has been made out

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    And make no mistake, I want Forkers to succeed as much as any bloke, I'd love for him to come out and make 200 and take five in each innings, but it would still be a poor selection policy despite this.

I'm for Forkers being around the limited overs stuff, but this is just crazy.
    andyc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Ashes 2013: Stuart Broad accused of blatant cheating by Darren Lehmann | Sport | theguardian.com

Also if he is pro-walking, I'm not sure he is as in-tune with the 'baggy green culture' as has been made out
    Disgraceful comments from Lehmann. Almost as bad as the Faulkner selection.

And make no mistake, I want Forkers to succeed as much as any bloke, I'd love for him to come out and make 200 and take five in each innings, but it would still be a poor selection policy despite this.

I'm for Forkers being around the limited overs stuff, but this is just crazy.
    Is he even suited to English conditions? I haven't seen a whole lot of him but he seems to be a hit the deck kind of bowler, can swing it though I spose

Yeah, not sure why Lehman is having a cry now, it's never cheating if the umps don't give you out

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Completely agree with Benchy here, that last post hit the nail right on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post

DERP SONG 10 HOURS - YouTube
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    The reason for the selection of Faulkner being crap is simple. He's neither the best batsman, nor the best bowler, available for the final spot in the side. Given there's already an all-rounder in the side, playing for team balance is irrelevant, so given the fact that there are better batting and better bowling options outside of the eleven, it's a crap selection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    Is he even suited to English conditions? I haven't seen a whole lot of him but he seems to be a hit the deck kind of bowler, can swing it though I spose
    Doesn't swing it at all. Left arm Clint McKay.

Thread Information