• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, not sure why Lehman is having a cry now, it's never cheating if the umps don't give you out

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
The reason for the selection of Faulkner being crap is simple. He's neither the best batsman, nor the best bowler, available for the final spot in the side. Given there's already an all-rounder in the side, playing for team balance is irrelevant, so given the fact that there are better batting and better bowling options outside of the eleven, it's a crap selection.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Ashes 2013: Stuart Broad accused of blatant cheating by Darren Lehmann | Sport | theguardian.com

Weirdly timed cry from Lehmann.

Also if he is pro-walking, I'm not sure he is as in-tune with the 'baggy green culture' as has been made out

It's very odd. And it's a close call whether his lying about the edge carrying straight to first slip is worse than his hypocrisy about people not walking. I couldn't call that one, tbh.

Listening to the interview this morning, I wonder whether he's decided to jack it in after this series and just doesn't give a damn any more.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
These are worse than my Maxwell posts. Pull your head in.
I'm afraid if I pull my head in you wont be able to find it..

Seriously though ****, we have a squad where 3 batsman have all been dropped due to their inability to contribute to the team. The selectors figure a right handed bat is the better option, so Faulkner is in.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm afraid if I pull my head in you wont be able to find it..

Seriously though ****, we have a squad where 3 batsman have all been dropped due to their inability to contribute to the team. The selectors figure a right handed bat is the better option, so Faulkner is in.
Shorter and shorter straws.

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's very odd. And it's a close call whether his lying about the edge carrying straight to first slip is worse than his hypocrisy about people not walking. I couldn't call that one, tbh.

Listening to the interview this morning, I wonder whether he's decided to jack it in after this series and just doesn't give a damn any more.
The only reason I've posted it here is because I think he wants to ruffle some feathers. He can't be that stupid as to think Broad actually hit it straight to slip.

the big bambino

International Captain
But Faulkner's not really a batsman. Its arguable the batting maybe stronger with Faulkner instead of an underperforming Cowan, Hughes, Ussie but the likely fix for our problems in the top order isn't coming from a bits and pieces all rounder who bats right handed.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
So we picked Faulkner because we are that afraid of Swann? If true that means the NSP is as mentally weak as most of our batting lineup.