Page 222 of 240 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 3591
Like Tree308Likes

Thread: *Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Booing Clarke is unfair. Lehmann would be fair but not Clarke.
    Booing the guy that made the match entertaining - yeah that makes sense

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    Congratulations England for winning the series. It was clear they were better (at least) at the big points, and deserved their win. One thing I have to say though, lol @ England fans for whinging about negative tactics. Hypocrites.
    Time-wasting isn't 'negative tactics', it's cheating. Everyone does it though, England as much as anyone. But it's clearly worse than scoring your runs slowly.

Cook would undoubtedly do the same in Australia, and he'd get an absolutely brutal reception afterwards.
    Last edited by Uppercut; 25-08-2013 at 04:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Time-wasting isn't 'negative tactics', it's cheating. Everyone does it though, England as much as anyone. But it's clearly worse than scoring your runs slowly.

Cook would undoubtedly do the same in Australia, and he'd get an absolutely brutal reception afterwards.
    Clarke said as much at the preso.

Nothing more satisfying than hearing England fans whinge about being 'robbed' of victory despite their attempts on both day 2 and 3 to ensure a result was impossible and having Clarke hand them the chance of a result. I'm only talking about fans who were on the radio leaving the ground though, I haven't read back what English posters thought of all this on the forum.
    Son Of Coco likes this.
    There are two colours in my head

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    Nothing more satisfying than hearing England fans whinge about being 'robbed' of victory despite their attempts on both day 2 and 3 to ensure a result was impossible and having Clarke hand them the chance of a result. I'm only talking about fans who were on the radio leaving the ground though, I haven't read back what English posters thought of all this on the forum.
    Can you lot not see we were all taking the piss out of you Aussies moaning that Cook did it and then your own captain resorted to the same tactics in the same match. Anyone who can't see we were just joking is a very sad ****.

We won the series 3-0, 3 or 4-0 matters not a jot. We gubbed you in the book.

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    man i regret reading back through this thread.
    The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I was on the Australian side, but seriously:

When the umpires attempted to take light metre readings out of sight of Clarke, Aleem Dar seemed to gently push the Australian captain away. It left Clarke unimpressed.

"I remember Aleem touching me and I asked him politely to not touch me because if I touched him I'd be suspended for three games," Michael Clarke said. "That's all I can really remember. I just know a player is not allowed to touch an umpire. But for me personally, I have absolutely no issue with it at all."
    I saw the 'push'. Maybe you should let them do their job. And obviously you have an 'issue' with it otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

TBF to him if Dar had pushed Watson or Harris they'd have probably been out for three months, so I can see his point....
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    na don't you understand. GF has actually enlightened us that Eng were in fact maximizing the chances of a result by batting slower than molasses on days 2 and 3. So really we should be thanking Cook for that exciting finish to the series.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
    na don't you understand. GF has actually enlightened us that Eng were in fact maximizing the chances of a result by batting slower than molasses on days 2 and 3. So really we should be thanking Cook for that exciting finish to the series.
    Even Border, Julian and Clark were saying the pitch had slowed down to a pudding in the middle stages of the Test to make scoring much more difficult than on day 1 and 2 (in their preamble to the day's play yesterday). Yes, the players belied this at the end of the match, but really what do you want? I've sat and watched batting performances even more turgid than that in the past. Really, this is hardly anything novel.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Maximising the chances of a result for England, ********.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    I don't understand people bitching about England batting slowly in this test. They're well within their rights to do so. I have a problem with the go slow stuff in terms of bowling 5 overs in half an hour with a spinner on, but you see teams do it all the time. I think England's general rate of scoring has slowed quite markedly over th epast year or so though, but it hasn't cost them in this series.

An I don't mind Clarke wanting to see the light reading one bit tbh. Nor would I mind Cook wanting to either. Let's be honest, it was ****ing dark at the end of the game. Not "a tad gloomy" but ****ing dark. Imagine if they'd stayed on when the world had seen a light reading of 5.8-6.0 after they'd previously gone off with a a better reading? There would be hell to pay. As Prior said post-game, England's attitude to staying on the park would have been very different if they were eight or nine down.

It sucks not to get a result in those circumstances, but tbh if you get to see 470 odd runs scored on a last day pitch after a delayed start, I don't really think you've got too much to whinge about.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Since when is numb nuts filtered?

I repeat, I didn't read back, I just heard on ABC radio this morning some pissed off England fans as they left the ground and I was happy

Thread Information