Page 21 of 240 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 3591
Like Tree308Likes

Thread: *Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

  1. #301
    International Debutant
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dunno. I say Marco you say Polo.
    Posts
    2,117
    Don't think we ever batted Gilchrist at 6 but now that he's retired batting the keep at 6 has become a good idea apparently.

  2. #302
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    33,088
    Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    The latter, it just seems unnecessary. It's like you trying to drop Bairstow for Woakes or something.
    Except England's batting order isnt a shambles and hence could maybe play around with one aspect of it in a dead rubber. We really cant.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

    With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

  3. #303
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    32,635
    I just do not understand the logic behind this. If we're blacklisting Cowan/Hughes/Khawaja for the time being, then fine, but surely then you'd bring in Wade rather than bring in a ****ing sixth bowler?
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +


    get ready for a broken ****in' arm

  4. #304
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    33,088
    seriously though, what's with Lehmann's refusal to bat Hughes at 3?


  5. #305
    Dan
    Dan is offline
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Posts
    6,746
    Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    Don't think we ever batted Gilchrist at 6 but now that he's retired batting the keep at 6 has become a good idea apparently.
    West Indies tour in 2003 the only occasion I can think of where it was a case of playing 5 bowlers. Brad Hogg at 7, Bichel at 8.

  6. #306
    Hall of Fame Member NUFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marrickville
    Posts
    18,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    The Faulkner selection seems to be drawing attention away from how badly Starc has been ****ed around with. Plays the first, third and fifth Tests of a series despite doing no more or less than was expected of him.
    Howe odd (late minute decision to italic howe)
    NRL Tipping Champion 2014

    Over 0.2: Putland to Nevill, OUT, no run, full ball swings in late to crash into his pads. Nevill is almost falling over trying to get bat on it but can't. Huge shout for LBW and Umpire Martell eventually raises the finger! P.Nevill - lbw b:Putland 0 (1 ball, 1 minute).

  7. #307
    Dan
    Dan is offline
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Posts
    6,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    I just do not understand the logic behind this. If we're blacklisting Cowan/Hughes/Khawaja for the time being, then fine, but surely then you'd bring in Wade rather than bring in a ****ing sixth bowler?
    More evidence that the Australian side is NSW-lite.

  8. #308
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anyone But England
    Posts
    20,256
    Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    Don't think we ever batted Gilchrist at 6 but now that he's retired batting the keep at 6 has become a good idea apparently.
    He batted 6 in one of the immediate post Waugh series when Australia picked 5 bowlers.

  9. #309
    Hall of Fame Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    16,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    I just do not understand the logic behind this. If we're blacklisting Cowan/Hughes/Khawaja for the time being, then fine, but surely then you'd bring in Wade rather than bring in a ****ing sixth bowler?
    *seventh.

    How dare you forget the People's Champ
    'It seems that perfection is attained, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away.'

  10. #310
    International Debutant dermo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,797
    Clarke finally manning up and batting 3

  11. #311
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moving to Somalia
    Posts
    43,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    I just do not understand the logic behind this. If we're blacklisting Cowan/Hughes/Khawaja for the time being, then fine, but surely then you'd bring in Wade rather than bring in a ****ing sixth bowler?
    I'm going to assume for now that Watson isn't fit to bowl.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

  12. #312
    International Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,325
    Cooky just said 'If i pretend to be someone else, I am not being true to myself'. **** off, hope he bags a pair. What kind of arsebanditry is that?

  13. #313
    International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    11,809
    Comedy gold this tour has been. God knows what funky selection Lehmann will come up with for Brisbane?

  14. #314
    International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,023
    Hopefully Warne is in charge by Brisbane. Coach/Pundit/Poker player. He can do it all.

  15. #315
    International Debutant
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dunno. I say Marco you say Polo.
    Posts
    2,117
    The worst kind. I hope he bags a pair too.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *Official* Fourth Test at The Oval
    By Spark in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1214
    Last Post: 22-08-2011, 11:37 PM
  2. *Official* Fifth Test at the SCG
    By Craig in forum Ashes 2010-2011
    Replies: 3603
    Last Post: 15-01-2011, 01:07 PM
  3. *Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval
    By James in forum Ashes 2010-2011
    Replies: 3905
    Last Post: 13-01-2011, 03:25 PM
  4. *Official* Fifth Test at The Oval
    By GIMH in forum Ashes 2009
    Replies: 2955
    Last Post: 28-08-2009, 12:38 PM
  5. ***Official*** 2nd Test at the Adelaide Oval
    By James in forum Ashes 2006/07
    Replies: 1596
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 05:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •