• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
There's no way you can go off for light here... no way. Everything about that would be so wrong on so many levels.

Law 43, please, guys.
What's the point of the rule then? Its crazy that umpires can be so anal about a rule but when the home team is close to winning, they don't enforce it. I'm not actually 100% certain that is what is happening though, I have no idea if we are past the level on the previous days.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
haha Blofeld on the radio. I think they have to take the players off. Funny to see the aussies complaining though.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's no way you can go off for light here... no way. Everything about that would be so wrong on so many levels.

Law 43, please, guys.
If they go off it just shows the folly of the rule in general. Why does a team get the benefit of leniency over light in this situation, but neither team gets that leniency two days earlier when they're chasing the game?

Ruckus

International Captain
We've been bowling negatively for the past hour or so. Its done nothing positive for our team apart from getting some practice for the upcoming ODIs.
That's because the chance of a win dropped dramatically when Eng got off to a good start. They could have easily lost a few early wickets, and it would have been a different story.