• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah look, as much as I admire Clarke's captaincy in general, there's no chance here of an Australian win. Only an English win. I get that it'd be a bit embarrassing to not declare now, but it'd be better than 4-0.
nah england can lose 10 wickets in 44 overs. Its really unlikely, but two years ago we saw Sri Lanka lose from an safer position. Likewise England can win. Chances are, the game is called off a hour early with England 3 wickets down

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Hey look, if we bat normally, put away Starc's bad balls, and don't lose a wicket in 10 overs, you never know....

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It could end up being a decent battle between the England team vs the England women's team at chasing 200+ here.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah I don't get it. You either dangle a carrot, which Australia decided not to do, or you back yourselves to defend it regardless, and go all out attack.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Yeah I don't get it. You either dangle a carrot, which Australia decided not to do, or you back yourselves to defend it regardless, and go all out attack.
It's just an empty gesture to try and stir the pot and increase the media pressure on England. It was working to an extent with the English press been somewhat critical of England's approach but Warne going off the deep end with his ridiculous bull**** (+ Lehmann stuff) works back in the favour of England because now the English press are back on the side of England and even the australian press think Warne and Lehmann are in the wrong and this deflects from England's efforts throughout the series which have been a little defensive. imo.