• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Captain_Cook

U19 12th Man
It's really not any harder at all.

Edit: Just read other posts related to Cook and playing square of the wicket. Last time he was out here he got a lot of short stuff on leg, and a lot of short stuff outside off. Whether that was due to the pressure he put on the bowlers by batting so well, or whether it was due to our bowlers being seemingly clueless as to where a bowler should normally bowl to any batsman is debatable.

Am reasonably confident that if our bowlers manage to keep a good line just outside off then we'll be ok.

I reckon it's much harder to keep batsmen quiet all day on a pitch like we saw on the 2nd day of the 3rd Test than it is to stir things up on a deck with more bounce and movement.
I take your point. I've only seen highlights of the 2010/11 Ashes series so I missed any in depth analysis of the Australian bowling. I'm not suggesting Cook will average 120+ in Australia but I can see him getting 2-3 centuries in Australia.

Fun fact: Cook has never scored a century against Australia in England. The Australians are the only test team (along with Zimbabwe) that Cook hasn't scored a century against in England. That is evidence of the consistent Australian bowling or Cook being terribly out of knick.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
That game brought about the selection of Quiney and Hastings didn't it? Think Faulkner would've been better in both instances.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Doolan or Hughes should've been picked instead of Quiney, and Bird instead of Hastings, Shane Warne's voice obviously wasn't loud enough at that point

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How great was AB putting he kibosh on the Faulkner press conference yesterday? Brilliant out down.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
30 min delay is pretty amazing tbf, it bucketted down all day and overnight here. What chance of them setting up a game here. Personally think it's unlikely but it would be great.
I think Cheatin' Hansie put paid to any prospect of that happening again, unless you see Cook in the dressing room in a naff leather jacket I suppose