• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Lets hope Lyon outbowls Swann in australia and England win 3-0 eh.

No point getting wickets in important situations if you can get them in bore draws

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was it you who said that if a spinner was leading wicket taker for either side then that team would lose the series?

Interesting theory. Dickhead.
I didn't expect either the pitches or your quick bowlers to be so turd, obviously.

91Jmay

International Coach
Watching the highlights, no idea why, and Woakes played some great shots. That back foot drive was exceptional.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's really dulling the contest, 2 potentially ripping games ruined by dull surfaces (and rain). Expect flat tracks in Australia, but never will they be this slow, scoring will be easier and more seam movement and bounce on offer, can't stand watching this in comparison.
Really?

Edit: Actually I just remembered Brisbane from last time...hopefully that doesn't happen again. That was flat over the last few days.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Horrible to watch, but gone a long way to securing the draw. Terrible pitch this though, really appalling surface that suits no cricketers anywhere in the world.

Woakes looked very comfortable, played a few nice shots. Hope he can kick on tomorrow. When the opposition gets to 500, your first job is to secure the draw and anyone who says anything different is full of ****.
Or, not English.

social

How can you be okay with that day? It was completely dismal and uninspiring, regardless of the pitch and bowling.
There are very few things that can see me happily agree to the wife's request to change channels for a re-run of the Bold and the Beautiful - England's batting is one of them

social

Only England fans could legitimately moan after a day which has all but confirmed a ninth consecutive winless test for Australia.
England haven't avoided the follow-on yet and could still fall in a heap tomorrow

Pathetic tactics and would serve them right if it happened

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This pitch would be better served in the subcontinent than England. Awful for test cricket.

I wonder what pitches will be produced in Australia.

HeathDavisSpeed

I just turned the Sky NZ highlights package on to see this day's play. I turned it on 5 minutes late. They were showing some cycling instead. I can only assume the highlights package had been on and had finished.

CarlsbergXpress

U19 Vice-Captain
I just turned the Sky NZ highlights package on to see this day's play. I turned it on 5 minutes late. They were showing some cycling instead. I can only assume the highlights package had been on and had finished.
Rest assured, you didn't miss much! I myself had a lovely Friday afternoon kip on the sofa, only woken by the wicket of Root. I think we can say he fits into our top order perfectly.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pretty sure KP won the day

"Geoffrey Boycott, on the BBC radio commentary, heard the verbal sparring on the stump microphone and said it had begun when Clarke told Pietersen that "nobody likes you", with Pietersen responding: "You're the captain, and nobody likes you".
It was also reported on Friday that Watson had welcomed Bell to the middle with spray and told Pietersen he would be batting with a "child". Pietersen reportedly reminded the all-rounder, who had scored a first Test century in nearly three years on Wednesday, that Bell has three tons for the series, asking Watson how many he had in his career."

:laugh:

Ashes 2013: Slanging match between Michael Clarke and Kevin Pietersen fires up Test grind

HeathDavisSpeed

I think the [the SMH] may have been reading CW too:

SMH said:
The pattern was similar in the top order. Root (68 from 184 balls), Cook (25 from 88) and Trott (40 from 134) hardly got out of first gear, and even Pietersen, who usually can't help but have the odd lash, held back his natural flair.

social

Pretty sure KP won the day

"Geoffrey Boycott, on the BBC radio commentary, heard the verbal sparring on the stump microphone and said it had begun when Clarke told Pietersen that "nobody likes you", with Pietersen responding: "You're the captain, and nobody likes you".
It was also reported on Friday that Watson had welcomed Bell to the middle with spray and told Pietersen he would be batting with a "child". Pietersen reportedly reminded the all-rounder, who had scored a first Test century in nearly three years on Wednesday, that Bell has three tons for the series, asking Watson how many he had in his career."

:laugh:

Ashes 2013: Slanging match between Michael Clarke and Kevin Pietersen fires up Test grind
And then KP got out

Winner by KO - Michael Clarke

91Jmay

International Coach
And then KP got out

Winner by KO - Michael Clarke
Its 3-0.

Shane Watson chirping is the funniest thing ever, and KPs answer is gold. That's got to be the worst sledge ever as well. 'Your batting with a child', trust Twatto to come up with that. 18 tons to 3 Shane mate.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Recorded the last session and just finished watching. Wow, just insipid cricket. Some abysmal pitches this series.