• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

dermo

International Vice-Captain
not really sure why there is "no way" a man with two Test tons gets over a man with two Test fifties. i wouldn't pick wade in the top six personally, but it's hardly egregiously out of line
but he plays for victoria

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
he's done **** all this tour, they should've called someone else into the squad if they wanted another batsman

Tangles

They could also play Agar at 3 on the basis that he made a 99. That's just as off base. Wade wasn't exactly looking the part at 6 when we were all rounder crazy theres no basis to expect he can be more successful than a top order bat up the order. If they don't like their options in the squad they can only blame themselves. If they don't want Hughes or Cowan then they should fly one of the A team guys out. That would be odd but I'd still prefer that to Wade.

Wade can bat top order in the SS if he wants that path into the team. Or he can work on his bowling and replace Twatto.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"I saw some improvement in Watson in the first innings in Durham (he was Australia's second highest scorer with 68) but in the second innings the way he got out (lbw to Tim Bresnan for two) was diabolical," Hughes said.

How, at the age of 32, he makes the same mistakes game after game, year after year, is extraordinary. I wouldn't play Watson again until his technique has changed and his footwork has improved. Until then, I just wouldn't look at him.
Go on...........

Rather than handing another opportunity to Phil Hughes at number three, Hughes cites Victorian left-hander Rob Quiney, 30, as a potential solution.

Quiney played two Tests against South Africa for just 29 runs in four innings in 2012 but, according to Hughes, is worth a second look.

"I feel he can make a good Test batsman and I would like to see him given a shot rather than just to keep recycling what we already have seen," he said.

Hughes also proffered New South Wales rookie Kurtis Patterson, 20, as a possible number five, if he fires in the Sheffield Shield.

The left-hander became the youngest ever batsman to score a century on debut in the Shield with 157 against Western Australia before being set back with injuries.

Hughes said of the former Australian under-19 representative: "He's ironed out a few flaws in his game and looked very good when I saw him at the Centre of Excellence recently. I'd like to see what he has to offer."
Oh Jesus titty-****ing Christ

Spikey

I feel like there's a good chance of Warne pushing the Quiney wagon during the next test, if as expected Usman goes back out

Tangles

Interesting to see the number of players we have cycled through in recent years.

Graham Manou (1), Clint McKay (1), Ryan Harris (15), Tim Paine (4), Steven Smith (11), Peter George (1), Xavier Doherty (4), Michael Beer (2), Usman Khawaja (9), Trent Copeland (3), Nathan Lyon (24), Shaun Marsh (7), Pat Cummins (1), James Pattinson (12), Mitchell Starc (11), David Warner (21), Ed Cowan (18), Matthew Wade (12), Rob Quiney (2), John Hastings (1), Jackson Bird (3), Moises Henriques (3), Glenn Maxwell (2), and last but not least, Ashton Agar (2).
Caps since 09. From The Stands : Too many debuts, too much uncertainty | ESPN Cricinfo

Last edited:

benchmark00

God, almost forgot about McKay playing test cricket.

Gonna have to go the knuckle with you for reminding me, ****.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
1. Ed Cowan
2. Shaun Marsh
3. Rob Quiney
4. Usman Khawaja
5. Moises Henriques
6. Glenn Maxwell
7. Graham Manou
8. John Hastings
9. Clint McKay
10. Xavier Doherty
11. Peter George

What a side.

dermo

lol @ that article claiming quiney made 29 test runs, he made 9 in 2 tests ffs which included 3 ducks (was the best 9 of all time ftr)