• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's test side for the Ashes in Australia

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My understanding is Watson will be playing exclusively as a batsman. Is this the case?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The Chanderpaul example is terrible because he clearly should be batting at at least 4 in this side, and probably most sides he's played in really.

However Clarke is a totally different batsman and not as adept at playing the moving ball, so staying at 5 probably isn't a bad idea.
When I said I'm happy to use the Chanderpaul example again, I meant my Chanderpaul example earlier in the thread where I said that Clarke's situation is different to Chanderpaul's as at the moment Chanders is batting at 5 with Ramdin and Sammy behind him while Clarke would still have Smith and Haddin so Clarke should bat where he actually wants to bat.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
When I said I'm happy to use the Chanderpaul example again, I meant my Chanderpaul example earlier in the thread where I said that Clarke's situation is different to Chanderpaul's as at the moment Chanders is batting at 5 with Ramdin and Sammy behind him while Clarke would still have Smith and Haddin so Clarke should bat where he actually wants to bat.
oh sorry, I completely agree then.

howardj

International Coach
My understanding is Watson will be playing exclusively as a batsman. Is this the case?
Yes, that's my understanding too

A welcome about-face from the panel

That said, he really needs some consistency this Summer - both in continuity of games, and runs on the board

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
CA streaming the announcement, though the site says it won't be announced till 12:50. Sutherland just waffling on atm.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Cando Sandhu's father (Can do Campbell Newman) now chatting bullocks on the stream.

BTW I'm happy for Bailey when/if he gets the call up, its just going to be a task ask for him considering he hasn't scored a first class century in such a long time.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Look like it's

Warner
Rogers
Watson
Clarke
Smith
Bailey
Haddin
Harris
Siddle