• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's test side for the Ashes in Australia

dermo

International Vice-Captain
nah cutting is a rubbish white ball bowler, his power with the bat makes people forget what a **** bowler he is

howardj

International Coach
Warner
Rogers
Watson
Clarke
Doolan
Smith
Haddin
Johnson
Siddle
Harris
Lyon

Agree so much with what Chappelli said about Bailey

The Battlers Prince

Hughes hasn't made anything significant for while has he? Just if he's not currently in the test side (which I don't think he is) and he's not currently in the A side, he shouldn't be picked?

The Battlers Prince

1. Warner
2. Rogers
3. Watson/Khawaja
4. Clarke
5. Smitteh
6. Doolan/Khawaja (battle in progress)
7. Haddin (Hartley the reserve)
8. Maxwell (if he even takes just one wicket and scores 30+)
9. MJ
10. Sidds
11. Harris

Tangles

Maxwell for Lyon in India was dire but at home it's inconceivable. If Watson can't bowl you only have 2 frontline bowlers. If your aiming for a high scoring draw at least pack the batting lineup and replace the 2 all rounders with actual batters.

Ray.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
1-Cowan
2-Rogers
3-Watto
4-Warner
5-Clarke
6-Bailey/Smith
7-Haddin
8-Sidds
9-Rhino
10-MJ
11-O'Keefe He's been consistently performing with ball over last two seasons in shield plus he's quite handy bat aswell.

Tangles

Smith just made a test ton yet he is fighting for 6 against "idontscoreredballruns" bailey?

The Battlers Prince

Maxwell for Lyon in India was dire but at home it's inconceivable. If Watson can't bowl you only have 2 frontline bowlers. If your aiming for a high scoring draw at least pack the batting lineup and replace the 2 all rounders with actual batters.
Don't worry too much, I'm sure Lyon has the spot. More of a Invers being a moron side than a side I want to see. Particularly with that Maxwell call. Actually only that one the rest is pretty much how I see it. But not sure how long Warner can last if he doesn't make runs at the 'Gabba

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I haven't felt less confident watching a bloke bat for Australia than I am when Khawaja plays since Greg Ritchie and Andrew Hilditch played against the West Indies in the 1980s. He's that bad.

adub

International Captain
tbf Hildud did score a ton and a 70 against the Windies in the 84 Boxing Day test.

The Battlers Prince

I haven't felt less confident watching a bloke bat for Australia than I am when Khawaja plays since Greg Ritchie and Andrew Hilditch played against the West Indies in the 1980s. He's that bad.
I feel the same way about Hughes. With Khawaja I feel more comfortable against pace. But the poms throw the ball to Swann and something happens in Uzzie mind, just horrendous against spin. Who did he get out to first ball in the ODD comp? Whoever the selectors go with though, they need to give a decent shot at it though.

Spikey

Khawaja didn't deserve to play in the last Ashes and he doesn't deserve to play any time soon

Flem274*

123/5
Khawaja is a sitting duck. You can bowl in his no touchy zone and hone in on off stump until he takes the bait and prods. Unless you're dropping short or on his legs he can't do anything to you. Boggles the mind as to how he scores runs domestically.

lrn2drive

Spikey

Khawaja is a sitting duck. You can bowl in his no touchy zone and hone in on off stump until he takes the bait and prods. Unless you're dropping short or on his legs he can't do anything to you. Boggles the mind as to how he scores runs domestically.

lrn2drive

well domestic bowlers shouldn't be as good as test bowlers and hence should slip in length and line to a greater extent. It's worth noting though, that Usman has averaged about 30 in the shield since he got dropped from the test team following the NZ series. 11 matches.