Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Australia's test side for the Ashes in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Justo View Post

Spinner is probably the hardest slot to pick since none of the options (excluding O'Keefe, Hauritz since they're blacklisted) have significant careers/stats behind them but if he's done semi OK in the lead up Agar will likely get the gig IMO (even if it's only so that Beer or Turner can trade for some game time elsewhere for WA).
    Please explain why you believe SOK is blacklisted? Hauritz probably less debatable as he had a good run and has very much been superseded as an off spinner by the other Nathan.

SOK the commentator makes a decent enough cricketer. Basically he is far from the Australian set up these days.

I think the Test team will be: 1 Warner 2 Rogers 3 Watson 4 Clarke 5 Smith 6 Bailey 7 Haddin 8 Johnson 9 Siddle 10 Harris 11 Lyon

I think the A Team squad will be: 1 Hughes 2 Finch 3 Marsh 4 Doolan 5 Maddinson 6 Wade 7 Faulkner 8 Coulter-Nile 9 Hazlewood 10 Holland 11 Sayers 12 Cutting

I think Cutting will be given a shot in the A side.
    Current Favourite XI 1. Cook 2. Gayle 3. Sangakarra 4. Clarke* 5. Chanderpaul 6. Al Hasan 7. De Kock+ 8.Johnson 9.Harris 10. Herath 11. Steyn

Yes potentially. That is why I ended up naming a squad of 12 and including him. I think it is fair to say that Cutting and Coulter-Nile are quite similar cricketers so ideally you wouldn't want both in your team but in a trial sort of match I guess it isn't a big deal or anything. BTW I would love it if Finch isn't selected. His selection would send the wrong message to other domestic cricketers.

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    SOK the commentator makes a decent enough cricketer. Basically he is far from the Australian set up these days.

I think the Test team will be: 1 Warner 2 Rogers 3 Watson 4 Clarke 5 Smith 6 Bailey 7 Haddin 8 Johnson 9 Siddle 10 Harris 11 Lyon

I think the A Team squad will be: 1 Hughes 2 Finch 3 Marsh 4 Doolan 5 Maddinson 6 Wade 7 Faulkner 8 Coulter-Nile 9 Hazlewood 10 Holland 11 Sayers 12 Cutting
    whether i agree with it or not im with n00fers that will most likely be the test side picked

reckon Mckay is ahead of NCN and Cutting though, was Cutting in the 8?

I don't even know if the 8 was ever 100% confirmed or if it was just media speculation. I'm sure someone will tell us though D3rmo..

Clint McKay would be in the mix for sure.

if also come to terms with the fact Johnson is just about guaranteed a spot in the team at the Gabba, unless Haze can take a few bags in the Shield

although i can definitely see them going left field and picking Faulkner as a 3rd seamer

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dermo View Post
    if also come to terms with the fact Johnson is just about guaranteed a spot in the team at the Gabba, unless Haze can take a few bags in the Shield

although i can definitely see them going left field and picking Faulkner as a 3rd seamer
    If they do that, they're trying not to lose, rather than win.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    smith will probably captain the aus a team
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post

I think Bailey will play for Australia A given that game is before the Test side is announced. I'm thinking they'll probably just leave the nine certainties out which would mean Johnson playing too.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    noted australia A regular Nathan Lyon must be considered a chance to play

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    noted australia A regular Nathan Lyon must be considered a chance to play
    Nah they'll play Agar. Holland or Ahmed for Aus A under the heading of Lyon being first choice spinner but then get excited and completely backflip when whoever the A-team spinner is takes four wickets.

Bailey, Finch and White seem to be the ones scoring OD runs not in the team. I don't share this attraction with OD runs. I'd rather go with Hughes or Uzi. I'd be less bothered by Maddinson. At least he scored runs against SA.

How about noted test match player Katich.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Nah they'll play Agar. Holland or Ahmed for Aus A under the heading of Lyon being first choice spinner but then get excited and completely backflip when whoever the A-team spinner is takes four wickets.
    Whoever outbowls Lyon in the nets will get a gig IMO - but Boof will say something about turning the ball away from RHs or something as well
    There are two colours in my head

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    If they do that, they're trying not to lose, rather than win.
    Don't tell Shane Warne

Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread Information