Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Australia's test side for the Ashes in Australia

Only if white batted no 8 though, he's best utilized as a bowling all-rounder like Aaron Finch
    There are two colours in my head

6 Finch
    7 Maxwell
    8 White

Is what you had in mind then?

yessssssssss

Ok, so I've been doing a bunch of night shifts, read through what I posted to do with an old shield game. No idea where I was going with that.

Cam White gets runs in the SS before Brisbane and he'd have to be given another chance.

International Regular
    Tom Moody is promoting Rob Quinney.

Please god yes.

If they are going to pick a no 6 on OD form then Bailey has the best shot if he keeps scoring. I would rather they went with pure SS form than use OD form for Brisbane. They like Baileys leadership so FC would top it his way. Assuming he gets back to get a SS game in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    If they are going to pick a no 6 on OD form then Bailey has the best shot if he keeps scoring. I would rather they went with pure SS form than use OD form for Brisbane. They like Baileys leadership so FC would top it his way. Assuming he gets back to get a SS game in.
    I thought i read somewhere that the players in the ODI squad were given assurances that ODI form in India would be taken into account or something

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    i'd rather not use form and just use the person they think is best suited to fill the position
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Yeah, I think it's more a case of there being no disadvantage for prospective Test #6s who happen to be good enough at ODIs to be in India.

Cosgrove is a class above Bailey and has allegedly lost 16 kgs since last year

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Granted I didn't have a scale with me but there is no ****ing way he lost 16 kilos.

Realistically Cosgrove is far off the plans I think. He should be closeer I feel but it would be a major shock to see him in contention.
    NRL Tipping Champion 2014

If they pick the best match , whoever that is, with no form then that's asking for trouble unless you guarantee them 5 tests. Even then there will be mass debate about what the guy has to do to maintain that spot.

If they pick the best match , whoever that is, with no form then that's asking for trouble unless you guarantee them 5 tests. Even then there will be mass debate about what the guy has to do to maintain that spot.
    It's about identifying a few guys who are suited to fill the position about now, and then assessing their form before the series and making the decision then.

As for how to hold a spot in the team - it should be more lenient on guys who are thought to be long-term prospects than those who are simply filling gaps and could well be cast aside soon

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Granted I didn't have a scale with me but there is no ****ing way he lost 16 kilos.

Realistically Cosgrove is far off the plans I think. He should be closeer I feel but it would be a major shock to see him in contention.
    I reckon he could have done but problem is that he was coming off such a high base that he has gone from obese to ****ing fat for a sportsman

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    There was a ****ing eclipse everytime the fat **** waddled past at Bankstown. If he lost 16 kegs he found em again.

Not saying that should keep him out of the side if he's making more runs than other skinnier ****s, but he actually looked bigger than last year to me seeing him live.

Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread Information