• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's test side for the Ashes in Australia

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Bailey said they were given assurances that their runs in India would keep them in contention for test selection so who knows.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Honestly wouldn't mind seeing Cam White at 6 and as vice-vice-captain if Forkers gets Haddin's other eye.

Bear in mind his FC average is over the big 4-0. Him and the Champ bowling in tandem would be the best thing since wholesale carpet.

dermo

well put it this way, i'd take White over Wade

theres gotta be at least 7 or 8 batsmen i'd take before him though

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Only if white batted no 8 though, he's best utilized as a bowling all-rounder like Aaron Finch

The Battlers Prince

Ok, so I've been doing a bunch of night shifts, read through what I posted to do with an old shield game. No idea where I was going with that.

Cam White gets runs in the SS before Brisbane and he'd have to be given another chance.

Tangles

If they are going to pick a no 6 on OD form then Bailey has the best shot if he keeps scoring. I would rather they went with pure SS form than use OD form for Brisbane. They like Baileys leadership so FC would top it his way. Assuming he gets back to get a SS game in.

dermo

If they are going to pick a no 6 on OD form then Bailey has the best shot if he keeps scoring. I would rather they went with pure SS form than use OD form for Brisbane. They like Baileys leadership so FC would top it his way. Assuming he gets back to get a SS game in.
I thought i read somewhere that the players in the ODI squad were given assurances that ODI form in India would be taken into account or something

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i'd rather not use form and just use the person they think is best suited to fill the position

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I think it's more a case of there being no disadvantage for prospective Test #6s who happen to be good enough at ODIs to be in India.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cosgrove is a class above Bailey and has allegedly lost 16 kgs since last year