Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Australia's test side for the Ashes in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    I think Michael Hogan being 32 is the least of his problems if you are talking about him as a batsman, worlds best no.11 batsman only I'm afraid
    Plus he's, y'know, not eligible.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Banned
    I think Michael Hogan being 32 is the least of his problems if you are talking about him as a batsman, worlds best no.11 batsman only I'm afraid
    Someone has to bat there. Might as well be the world's best

On a serious note though, the up and coming young batting talent is pretty light on.
    Last edited by Hooksey; 28-08-2013 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    Reckon he might re-think that if CA offered him a Test cap and a central contract.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    Unless he's actually been capped by another Test side then he is.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Would say that 6 of the top 7 are locked in now for Brisbane. Rogers, Warner, Watson, Clarke, Smith and Haddin. Harris will obviously play if fit as will Siddle and Lyon should too. So basically just a number 6 and the 3rd paceman to pick. Pattinson if fit would be my choice but not got a clue who i'd choose as 6th batsman.
    Well said with regard to Lyon, he should play not necessarily he will play.Selectors picked Agar ahead of him and Ahmed is better than Agar so there is still an outside chance Ahmed might be picked ahead of Lyon.Harris Pattinson and Siddle should make up our seam attack anyone who say they are too similiar doesn"t have clue.Lyon should be the spinner.Hughes is my 6th bat with Maddinson and Khawaja in the wings.

Banned
    Michael Hogan's batting figures last season make for interesting reading and are the reason he found his way into the list in my earlier post:

16 Innings
    10 NO
    213 runs
    Highest 47*
    Ave 35.50

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    I'd say the opposite.
    I don't know mate, we haven't been in the best of form so I wouldn't say we're a shoe in.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Banned
    It will be interesting to see whether the selectors give Pakistani born spinner Fawad Ahmed an opportunity in the upcoming series. He's 31, so it's not like he's a kid they are waiting on to mature like say Agar.

National selector John Inverarity had this to say a couple of weeks ago:

"He would be in contention. We'll see how he goes. He played in some Shield matches [for Victoria] at the end of the last Australian summer, bowled well and took wickets, so we're just keen to see how he goes at international level. He and a number of other spinners will be contention as well."

For mine Lyon has to start ahead of Ahmed as his form in England was a pass mark. But I think Boof might encourage some experimentation at selection, and players like Ahmed and Maddinson could be beneficiaries.

Like the selectors need encouragement for that.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Harris injury update

wouldn't you know, that means Harris won't be fit to play in the Champions League
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Harris injury update

wouldn't you know, that means Harris won't be fit to play in the Champions League
    How unfortunate.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Harris injury update

Harris was interviewed on the radio about 1/2 hour ago. Said he is heading in for a scan on the hamstring he injured during the final test.

International 12th Man
    Amidst all this talk of Australia having apparently stumbled across a top five that are "locked in" for the second leg, can someone explain what exactly Warner has done to guarantee himself an opening berth? Continues to smack of lack of alternatives to me...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post
    Amidst all this talk of Australia having apparently stumbled across a top five that are "locked in" for the second leg, can someone explain what exactly Warner has done to guarantee himself an opening berth? Continues to smack of lack of alternatives to me...
    The short answer is David Warner has done more than any of his rivals for his position. That's why, provided Warner is fit and 'available', the selectors will chose he and Rogers to open the innings at The Gabba.

He is in for Brisbane based on his 50 and how long a run he gets if he doesn't make runs is anyone's guess. Might depend if someone in the SS has a hot start and he's struggling. We really need the bats outside the team to start upping there game to put pressure on the incumbents and give form replacements.

Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information