• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

players cheating hot spot....

91Jmay

International Coach
ICC have denied they are talking to teams about this. It would appear that for the first time in recorded history the Australian media is being disingenuous and lying about a British sports team. I am shocked.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Now this is a good conspiracy theory, though I fear it must be bollocks, 'cos if its not I don't really see how it could have been done without the tacit approval/ connivance of the team's management, which would obviously make it even more interesting, but seems a tad improbable
Yeah. I dont think it happened. I expect Id be in the minority on here but even if it had happened I, personally, wouldnt class it as cheating -- unless there is a provision separate to the Spirit of the Game that I have overlooked

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No Cookies | Herald Sun

So, is it fibreglass or silicon? Because they're not the same thing.

The tweet in question;

https://twitter.com/HotSpotInventor/status/364370015543246851

The only evidence on display here is how much of a doucheknuckle this bloke is and some serious pumping up of his product ("The problem isn't with the sensitivity of the cams, it's those cheaty players taping their edges!"). '@HotSpotInventor'? You've gotta be ****ting me.

Last edited:

outbreak

First Class Debutant
These concerns have existed forever though, hotspot's always been questionable when makers stickers glow. I don't think anyone's been cheating I think they media jumped on that on their own without any basis.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Fibreglass has always been part of modern bats, hasn't it? All the low-end bats at least.

Last edited:

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Not sure. Common place to use extratec on the blade though to aid longevity. Iirc it wraps around the edges. Think it's more of a plastic product.

benchmark00

Fibreglass tape is used to keep the back from splitting completely when there are cracks. Also used on the edges to reinforce them because they're prone to cracking.

benchmark00

Surely no one actually cares what Roz Kelly says? May as well refer to a Rebecca Wilson report :puke:

Top_Cat

Top_Cat

Yeah, I mean what's the problem? Players get new bats all the time, why would you ever need to protect one?

He's a business man and he's protecting his product. That's all. When the ICC don't ban Extratec and edges get missed, he can blame that and not the cams. I do wonder whether he'll have the balls to publish his 'experimental results'.

Last edited:

Spikey

nah it's about time someone fought back against these soft cricketers and their bats