• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Chester-le-Street

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I want Onions to play, Flower already said he is going to be in the squad so I think he is chance.

If it is a normal Durham pitch it could be over in three days.

harsh.ag

Why not.

Bird in for Srac would be the only change I'd make on either side.
Agreed that Bird has to play. I would take Compton and play Root at 6. I also wonder if there is a way that Watson can be replaced? (5th bowling chops notwithstanding :p)

Last edited:

grecian

Any news on Bell, Kps or Cooks injuries? Would be interesting what they'd do if Cook pulled out, I really wouldn't mind Carberry getting a go, the bloke just can't stop scoring runs ATM, and it would just be a stop-gap.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I want Onions to play, Flower already said he is going to be in the squad so I think he is chance.

If it is a normal Durham pitch it could be over in three days.
They'll want to get five days of ticket money though. Traditionally CLS is much more seamer than spin friendly though isn't it? Could favour the Aussies who have more bowlers I'd consider seam bowlers in the Onions variety than England.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Any news on Bell, Kps or Cooks injuries? Would be interesting what they'd do if Cook pulled out, I really wouldn't mind Carberry getting a go, the bloke just can't stop scoring runs ATM, and it would just be a stop-gap.
I didn't know Bell or Cook had any issues? What are they?

grecian

I didn't know Bell or Cook had any issues? What are they?
Oh probably just internet scuttlebutt about Bell, I'm sure someone thought he may have broke a finger. Cook is just that Swann comment about his bad back.

I think I just want some changes, spice things up a bit. It's been a shudderingly anti-climactic match.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I understand that whenever Bresnan is in the team people want to play someone else by default but it really ignores how he was easily England's best seamer on day one. Maybe give him a go on a helpful deck?

grecian

I understand that whenever Bresnan is in the team people want to play someone else by default but it really ignores how he was easily England's best seamer on day one. Maybe give him a go on a helpful deck?
Nah drop him, can't have the useless Tyke lump getting his feet under the table:ph34r:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Knock is Ding Dong might've bust his thumb, isn't it?

One way or another I think the JT it's ok not to think is a racist ****wad will get a gig, whether it's for the injured hero or the hapless ranga.

Could also see Jimmeh taking the pine too; Onions stepping in on his home ground.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I'd be more in favour of giving Jimmy a rest if I was to get Onions in tbh.

Probably in the minority there though...

Pothas

They'll want to get five days of ticket money though. Traditionally CLS is much more seamer than spin friendly though isn't it? Could favour the Aussies who have more bowlers I'd consider seam bowlers in the Onions variety than England.
Could see Broad taking a load of wickets though, you feel it is going to happen at some point.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Would drop Bairstow and pick Taylor but it won't happen. They won't rest Jimmy until the series is won properly. If at all.

On Bairstow. I'm adding he's at least on notice now. The top order and Prior have been crap but they have runs in the bank. The ginger wonder doesn't.

Last edited: