• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Chester-le-Street

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That's a poor one, but that's how he plays, cliche cliche.

If we bowl 88 overs, does that mean we wouldn't have to bat tonight if we take the 10th wicket?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
England fans in never crediting the opposition bowling side shocker.
OK, this has been a world class performance by your boys and any side in the the history of the game would be grateful to reach the dizzy heights of 214 for 9.

More realistically, Aus have bowled professionally in blameless conditions where a serious test line-up would have finished the day at 280 for 4. England of course have simply continued doing what they've done for most of the last 20 months, which is why some of us are utterly contemptuous of the lazy ****s. I'd be slightly more convinced about Australia's brilliance if our batters hadn't done exactly the same against New Zealand both home and away earlier this year.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lovely old style ground this. Can't wait for the first test of the return series to be played at Merrylands Oval.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
This is why I was nervous about us batting first. I understand they sort of had to do it, but it never seems to work out for us. The talk is always "good pitch, Cook and Trott to bat for two days" but it just doesn't happen. The only time I can think about us doing it in the last couple of years was at Wellington when Compton (remember him?) and Trott did it.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
OK, this has been a world class performance by your boys and any side in the the history of the game would be grateful to reach the dizzy heights of 214 for 9.

More realistically, Aus have bowled professionally in blameless conditions where a serious test line-up would have finished the day at 280 for 4. England of course have simply continued doing what they've done for most of the last 20 months, which is why some of us are utterly contemptuous of the lazy ****s. I'd be slightly more convinced about Australia's brilliance if our batters hadn't done exactly the same against New Zealand both home and away earlier this year.
Or if you knew anything about the bowlers playing for Australia in the series and their test and FC records over the same period.

91Jmay

International Coach

Don't really get Burgey's point. Is it a great Australian bowling performance (which I think he is suggesting?) or is it England's batting line-up poor like he infers with the 80 years unbeaten stuff?