• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Chester-le-Street

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think its the perfect time to blood a fresh batsman. Give him (presumably Taylor) a Test and see if he can book his ticket on the Australian tour if he performs well.

Khawaja got dropped after a really laboured innings and the selectors sighted his inability to rotate the strike as one of the main reasons. You would think the English panel would think something similar about Bairstow at the moment.
Not sure what Compton did wrong itbt.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I think its the perfect time to blood a fresh batsman. Give him (presumably Taylor) a Test and see if he can book his ticket on the Australian tour if he performs well.
Yeah, but what if said batsman fails? Surely you can't not take them on tour after one match if you thought they were among the best 6 batsman in the country before that?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean, it's difficult enough to stay awake through a long night without having to endure this England batting like up. They cure insomnia.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I don't want to go all Shane Warne on you all, but has anyone else got the old 2:45 am munchies?

Ah Warne, has now been told to talk Cricket.

Cooky Monster

U19 12th Man
Load of crap, playing not to lose rather than playing to win.

Englands battings been crap all series bar Bell, if it wasn't for him we could easily of been losing the series.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, but what if said batsman fails? Surely you can't not take them on tour after one match if you thought they were among the best 6 batsman in the country before that?
Well that's why I'd go with Carberry, he'd just be happy to get another Test at his age, and it would be picking someone in incredible form in all forms of the game. Also, he wouldn't let them dominate. Probably fail though.