Cricket Player Manager
Page 5 of 293 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree404Likes

Thread: *Official* Fourth Test at Chester-le-Street

Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post

Agree with you that I think Jimmy is ****ed and should get a rest before the end of this series. Maybe see if we win in Durham and if we do sit him out at the Oval.........he'd better take no part in the ****s and giggles after the test series!! Sadly I think only with Jimmy being rested will Onions get a crack........Bressy's bowling well and they aren't gonna drop Broad........Finns really at the bottom of the pecking order now.
    I think all this talk of Jimmy needing a rest will look very silly come the end of the next test. He has had one bad match, that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    I think all this talk of Jimmy needing a rest will look very silly come the end of the next test. He has had one bad match, that is all.
    Yeah what bull****, he's your best pacer easily and he is as fit as anyone, he would also get really pissed off if he got rested (see 3rd test against WI 2012), no need to rest him. England have decent fast bowling depth, but Jimmy Anderson is something quite special, he can't simply be replaced IMO
    RIP Phillip Hughes (1988-2014)

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    I can't see any of the England pace boys wanting to miss out at Durham, having flogged themselves into the ground on three dry tracks offering them little why would they pass up the chance to cash in at Durham which is usually a seamers track. Wouldn't be surprised to see an unchanged bowling attack as they have hardly bowled since Friday anyway but i'd drop Bairstow and pick Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    I'm not basing my opinion on his performance at OT, yeah it's one bad test and that happens to the best of them. He just looked spent to me.

He could well take another 10 fer at CLS....wouldn't surprise me in the least, but he is our most valuable player and we need to make sure he is going to get through not just this series unscathed but the next as well.

At the end of the day though I'm (like all of us) just calling it as I see it from the couch......Jimmy and the selectors will know how he is travelling and if they deem him good to play the next 2 I certainly won't complain. Still think he should sit out a big chunk of the one dayers though if not all of them.

Jimmy and Steyn are two examples of excellent fast bowling management, they can pretty much play every game, even though they exert themselves an incredible amount. I'd say Jimmy can handle this after barely bowling after the first innings, short turnaround shouldn't be a problem, especially given the wicket will be seaming (?) and the match might end a bit quicker.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    The wicket will be a road. I can't believe anyone's expecting anything different.
    ​63*

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    The wicket will be a road. I can't believe anyone's expecting anything different.
    I know nothing, but I heard Bumble saying it would be a result pitch that would assist the quicks, of all the pitches people seem to think this will be the least Swann doctored

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Andrew Faulkner ‏@AndrewFaulkner9 41m
    Clarke up three places to No. 2 in new Test batting rankings (behind Amla). Then Warner (38), Watson (45) and Smith (48).
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    Before India they treated him pretty well, you can't really blame them after the Chennai test cos he was the only spinner and they expected better, but the Agar selection was unforgivable.
    Dropped for X man is as bad. They had backed him but that was until he went to India. Hauritz didnt survive his trip to India and im hoping they arent going down the same path.

Tbf England's bowlers were good enough on a pitch which was initially very flat, and Jimmy while not so good on day, looked a wee bit better on day 4 (though the wickets he got were more due to the Aussie batsmen playing ****). I'm only really concerned on Jimmy's fitness considering the workload he's got, if he's fit enough I'd definitely play him (who wouldn't?) Same goes for Harris. In fact Jimmy Broad Onions could be good but I don't know whether the selectors would be dropping Bresnan, he bowled well enough and he also has the potential to be a good lower order batsman so Onions' chance look a bit dim here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    Dropped for X man is as bad. They had backed him but that was until he went to India. Hauritz didnt survive his trip to India and im hoping they arent going down the same path.
    Oh **** yeah, I forgot that's who they brought in, but that was more due to absolutely ****ty squad selections leaving the selectors with little other options given they were determined to give Lyon some time-out, even though he still publicly stated he felt confident.

Quote Originally Posted by Swingpanzee View Post
    Tbf England's bowlers were good enough on a pitch which was initially very flat, and Jimmy while not so good on day, looked a wee bit better on day 4 (though the wickets he got were more due to the Aussie batsmen playing ****). I'm only really concerned on Jimmy's fitness considering the workload he's got, if he's fit enough I'd definitely play him (who wouldn't?) Same goes for Harris. In fact Jimmy Broad Onions could be good but I don't know whether the selectors would be dropping Bresnan, he bowled well enough and he also has the potential to be a good lower order batsman so Onions' chance look a bit dim here.
    Despite England conceding a massive lead to an inferior batting line-up? (tbf the pitch was much better day 1-2 than 3-4 but still)

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    there's no point dropping lyon for these two tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    there's no point dropping lyon for these two tests.
    Wasn't any point in dropping him for a hope and a prayer in the first two tests.
    hendrix, Flem274* and BeeGee like this.
    "Your averages, captain, coaches and players can probably survive incompetence over a relatively short series, so if youíre going to be rubbish, make sure itís against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand or someone."

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    To be fair we call pretty much every ptch a road.

I am sure it will not be a minefield or anything but given the respective strengths of the batting and bowling lineups I am not expecting a high scoring game.

Page 5 of 293 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread Information