• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Chester-le-Street

ajdude

International Coach
I assumed this was universal but now I think about it it's probably a dialectic thing. Over here it's pretty common for someone to ask someone else to "bell me", or give them a phone call. To bell is to ring basically. Think it has other meanings too though.
makes much more sense. genuinely hadn't heard it in that context tbh

Spark

Global Moderator
Warner's had at least ten cracks at the stumps this series and missed all of them, irritating.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
I assumed this was universal but now I think about it it's probably a dialectic thing. Over here it's pretty common for someone to ask someone else to "bell me", or give them a phone call. To bell is to ring basically. Think it has other meanings too though.
"blow me" the formal term actually

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seriously, picking Harris for this Test was a serious mistake. 10 overs in and he's blowing hard.

Ruckus

International Captain
He's an athletic stopper and he has a decent arm but he's definitely not the most accurate thrower. About as accurate as his leggies unfortunately.
Noticed Warner throws with his right arm, does he even have a preference or is he truly ambidextrous?