• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Chester-le-Street

dermo

International Vice-Captain
fmd cook has looked so suss against that in swinger today, I know it's a plan and all that but **** me I swear he's edged a way so many of them, surely ones got to get through

looks alright there but

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
The idea that one five wicket haul discounts all technical analyses is the worst habit in cricket watching circles. It basically nullifies any need to watch the cricket.

This isn't even getting to your idea that Sehwag just scores runs "somehow" without there being a reason for it, which is absurd.
That was just an example, don't fret about it because I didn't give it any thought and it wasn't meant to suggest anything.

I watched Swann bowl that spell btw, he drew the bat away from the pad constantly and had the NZ batsmen poking at him, often beating or find both edges of the bat. This suggests to me he is capable of making use of Left armers footmarks. Remembering that Lyon has never taken a 10 wicket haul in tests either, I value technique criticism but I value performance more.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Its very slow so batters who attack can get into strife as KP has shown. Aussies would rightly be happy with around 350 but more is a good score.
Pitch appears fairly easy to defend on but hard to attack on, 350 probably is about par

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon John Buchanan used to hide behind a painting with the eyes removed so he could spy on the players.

Ruckus

International Captain
I swear Harris sounds so noisy in the stump mics. It's like you can hear the lack of cartilage.