Page 3 of 293 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree404Likes

Thread: *Official* Fourth Test at Chester-le-Street

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 91Jmay View Post
    Aussies should 100% play 4 seamers. Lyon showed nothing against the right handers at OT, Bird in for him.
    They've been playing 4 seamers all series. They're just making one of them open the batting for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    They've been playing 4 seamers all series. They're just making one of them open the batting for some reason.
    He also fails to get any wickets.

Durham will be trying to make a road I would think. 5 days more important than anything else. Especially to the newer test match grounds.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Backing a virtually unchanged XI for Chester-Le-Street for the Aussies.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    Onions and Bird really should both come in. I find the former much more likely, though.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    i dont see why harris would play
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    i dont see why harris would play
    That's exactly what I thought.

Bird in for Harris from a series lost/injury prevention/give the kid a go perspective.

Khawaja needing runs with Hughes and Cowan close
    Watson needing runs or Faulkner a chance for the final Test.
    NRL Tipping Champion 2014

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    everyone, this is where you start loading up on mickey clarke.
    The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Watson needing runs or Faulkner a chance for the final Test.
    Why not play both? #ShaneWarneThoughts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    Top_Cat what have you done!?!?

photo.JPG
    andyc, Samuel_Vimes and uvelocity like this.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Bird in for Lyon. Even though we might have five pace options getting Bird in for Lyon will allow us to rotate our pace attack while actually getting some wickets and keeping the run rate down.

Overrate might suffer though
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Boycott and Vaughan were both saying Onions is a must ( took 9 for 100 odd the other day ) and if he doesn't play now he never will and should basically tell Flower and England to shove it and that he won't be carrying drinks all around Australia this winter (mainly Boycott saying that, unsuprisingly), got to admit i would be mighty peeved and slightly disillusioned with it all if i was Onions, especially the form hes been in when actually playing and not wasting away on the sidelines, must be so frustrating watching Finn and Broad bowl well below par and still not get in, Broad is so lucky he scores runs

He seems to be the 1st in line if anything happens to Anderson though and not Broad or Finn/Bresnan (maybe Bresnan), i really do think Anderson needs a rest, he looks like hes shot his bolt but its a big risk to do it.

Bairstow should go and Taylor come in, thing with Bairstow and our other out of form batsmen is that the others have proved they are test class batters unlike Bairstow, im not having it about that 1 solitary match against SA, how long can that excuse reeled out for, at this rate he'll get to 20 tests averaging low 30s and people will still be harping back to that test as though it means something, its bull****, it means nothing anymore, he has to go now really but he will get another go at Durham no doubt.

Apart from Bell and maybe KP all our other batsmens form is very worrying, Root still doesn't convince opening although il'd bet on him to make it rather than not but its close, much rather have Root at 6 with Compton opening at this moment in time, overall England have been average at best, 6/10 tops so far in this series, pretty crazy were 2-0 up having already retained the Ashes really.
    Last edited by Cooky Monster; 05-08-2013 at 08:38 PM.
    Adders likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Why not.

Bird in for Srac would be the only change I'd make on either side.
    Bird definitely has to play, but I think Starc out bowled Lyon, so Lyon and Agar can practise together for a few weeks ready for the Oval, as at the moment, neither are better than a part time option like Smith or Clarke.

That also gives 4 quicks, without Watson, who as a bowler has been exceptionally tight, which has been a good thing to have sometimes, but he obviously needs to pick up his batting. I actually think that Watson will improve his batting after going out in the last innings with no pressure, I think he's going to score a decent knock next test.
    So Lyon out and Bird in. So now you can all tell me how crazy/stupid that is, but you know what, it isn't, don't be in denial!
    Current Favourite XI 1. Cook 2. Gayle 3. Sangakarra 4. Clarke* 5. Chanderpaul 6. Rahane 7. De Kock+ 8.Johnson 9.Steyn 10. Herath 11. Roach

I want West Indies to be competitive again

First Class Debutant Swingpanzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    I'd be more in favour of giving Jimmy a rest if I was to get Onions in tbh.

Probably in the minority there though...
    I'd probably rest Jimmy too; then we'll be likely to go with Broad, Onions and Bresnan. Sure change must be Taylor instead of Bairstow.

For Aussies it'll be Bird replacing Starc. Bird's bowling will suit the conditions to a tee.

Bird in for Starc would be good, but that leaves us a good tailender short and without a proper swing bowler, but Durham seams a bit more?

Hopefully Khawaja isn't dropped as if seam movement is decent then he will be a really good bet, but Hughes might not have such a hard time against Swann, I would probably like to see the same line-up play, maybe rest Starceh for Bird though.
    There are two colours in my head

Page 3 of 293 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information