Page 292 of 293 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293 LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 4384
Like Tree404Likes

Thread: *Official* Fourth Test at Chester-le-Street

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Don't post gash and you won't be told its gash. Pretty simple isn't it.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Does it??? Really?????
    yes, not everyone can step back and simply accept this kind of stuff, and you shouldn't expect them to, it's quite a good attitude you have there tbh, but it doesn't come naturally to everyone.
    There are two colours in my head

Sugarealm

Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    yes, not everyone can step back and simply accept this kind of stuff, and you shouldn't expect them to, it's quite a good attitude you have there tbh, but it doesn't come naturally to everyone.
    TBF, I didn't always have it, a certain poster wound me up no end in my formative years here....
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    Interesting. So we don't understand?? We're wrong because we don't understand and can't see what has been playing out in front of us these last few weeks?? At least you're polite when you're being condescending

I'll have to go back and actually count how many times I have paid credit to the discipline of the Aussie bowlers and their plans........pretty sure sure I haven't ever "assumed they have no plans" and this has all been a hit and miss contest.

What I am trying to say is that there is more than just good plans being executed here. If the ****ing know it alls here can see what the Aussies are doing don't you think Cook and Flower may have a fair idea too??? Seeing the plan and having the form and confidence to deal with it are two very different things.

Looks like the only way this argument will be settled is after the return series in Oz. If Cook, Trott, KP and Prior all collectively play below what their careers suggest is their level then I will take my hat off to your bowlers and admit our failures are all down to them. If 1 or more of them turn it around and have bonza series then it looks like acceptance will have to be given to the fact that in this series, a COMBINATION of good bowling and poor batting were the reason England found themselves 30/3 too often to be acceptable.
    Assuming everything remains constant in cricket...and, of course, it always does, then you'll be right about whatever happens in Australia during The Ashes there.

Counteracting a plan isn't just down to confidence and form.

And maybe we can get better at pretending and nodding our heads when rubbish like 'England are playing at 80%' is being spouted while career averages are quoted as evidence so nobody has a hissy fit
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    He's a **** but he's my sort of ****.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Don't post gash and you won't be told its gash. Pretty simple isn't it.
    But who made you judge on all things gash?? What tickets do you place on yourself to cast judgement on other posters??

Look Adders, why do you get so wound up about people thinking your talking rubbish, or not admiring your posts. I'm not saying I'm one of these people.

Hardly anyone cares about my posts, I get in silly trivial arguments throughout my plodding, interminably long innings on this forum.

If people don't appreciate my point of view, wind 'em up a bit and move on. Who cares, it's a ****ing cricket forum, it really shouldn't be any indicator of your life or worth. Being liked is really over-rated.

Sorry that's a bit deep, but I don't understand why you get so wound up.
    Wow, firstly what makes you think I crave admiration for my posts??

I'm quite capable of posting my fair share of Gash and most times I know it straight away, and when I don't it won't take much of a reasoned argument for me to see it. I'm not pig headed like a few here seem to be and I certainly don't take my self as seriously as you seem to think I do.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    TBF, I didn't always have it, a certain poster wound me up no end in my formative years here....
    A tad understated - the mere mention of his name is still pretty much guaranteed to get a reaction of you

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    This thread.....

Attached Images Attached Images
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Alright, let's leave this discussion here guys. It clearly isn't going anywhere and doesn't look like it will get any better.

Stop intentionally winding each other up or I will be handing out infractions and closing the thread.

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    The plans to Trott should be reasonably clear from what Clarke's done with the field. They've regularly put men on the leg-side when he's come in and bowled a few short ones to him haven't they? Prior doesn't like the ball coming back in to him, so targeting the stumps early is a good idea, and I think the Aussies have also done this. I haven't watched a lot of Pieterson batting, so I'm not sure what the plans are to him, but from what I've seen they seem to be trying to keep it in the corridor early. Has Watto also been on to him early due to the fact he keeps it pretty tight? Pietersen is another batsman that is harder to pin down because he has so many shots and plays many of them very well.

They've also given Root little width.

I'd say the reason why there's not any decent debate is one side doesn't understand what the Australian bowlers have been trying to do, and thus assume they have no plans and it's all down to the English batsmen being 'out of form', and the other side can't understand how you can't see what the plans actually are.

There's really no debate to be had. If you don't understand the plans behind some of the dismissals and how these contribute to the batsman's downfall then that's that.

The main difference between this Ashes and the last is that Australia hasn't bowled a pile of **** on regular occasions. Their bowling has been very disciplined.
    Prior and Root I 100% agree with, and to an extent Cook and KP but no way have Australia bowled that well to Trott. He has got himself out when set three times,and has been scoring freely. They did have a plan to bowl bouncers at him that worked 2nd dig at Durham, but before that they were just bowling full balls on his legs as the plan, and it hasn't really worked at all until he got himself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Alright, let's leave this discussion here guys. It clearly isn't going anywhere and doesn't look like it will get any better.

Stop intentionally winding each other up or I will be handing out infractions and closing the thread.
    What, surely you can't close the 4th Test thread, whatever will we talk about now
    Prince EWS likes this.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    This thread.....

That actually looks like you

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    It is me.

Thread Information