• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Chester-le-Street

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah, apparently the Clarke dismissal was his fault. Technical flaw or something. The mug can't keep out the 91 MPH ball that pitches middle and clips the top of off.
Was Broad bowling at 91 mph? I didn't take much notice of his speeds, and was asleep when he got Clarke.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm going for Cook because his 50s have been very important in a low scoring series. I also think Cook making 3 50s despite a) being in terrible nick and b) Australia bowling extremely well to him is worthy of praise.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
I think b) is making a) look more true than it is. Australia have been bowling to the same strengths and weaknesses he's always had whether he's getting runs or not.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
True, but he came into the series in terrible nick, his form in the Champions Trophy wasn't particularly flash. Australia have exacerbated it by bowling really, really well at him.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Cook's 50's have been so much more valuable than Root's one score. Like seriously, we could be 3-1 down if it wasn't for his three fifties, whereas we would have still won at Lords if Root had got a duck.

Was Broad bowling at 91 mph? I didn't take much notice of his speeds, and was asleep when he got Clarke.
He bowled one ball at 91mph. Was probably the only ball he bowled above 89mph all spell though.

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
Just been looking at at an Australian Board I posted on for a short while some years back called Big Footy. At the time it seemed full of of immature teenagers of limited mind (which is why I didn't bother for long) - a couple of Aussie mates came to a similar conclusion.

I pop in for a view now and then - it would appear that - either the Board totally repopulates every 4 years or they are just immature adults of limited mind.

Apparently the umpires in this series are cheats and/or biased.

Their annoyance at Broad taking wickets is wonderful to behold.

Swann also.

Apparently Anderson is a pie chucker.

This Board is MENSA by comparison.

91Jmay

International Coach
According to Sky the Clarke ball was the fastest of the match @ 91 MPH. Is a wonderful double standard though, that England fans don't give oppo any credit for getting our bats out but Aussies nark on about how bad there batting was.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
The Clarke ball wasn't the 91mph ball ffs. The 91 ball was the follow up to Watson, which he blocked comfortably enough.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
According to Sky the Clarke ball was the fastest of the match @ 91 MPH. Is a wonderful double standard though, that England fans don't give oppo any credit for getting our bats out but Aussies nark on about how bad there batting was.
It's not that much a double standard when they've been failing against just about every Test standard bowling attack.

Stapel

International Regular
And another thing, why does this **** hole of a ground have a frigging French sounding name? It's in Durham not Dijon ffs.
Since I had been wondering the same, though not in your rant-like style, but just out of curiosity, I've tried to find it out a couple of days back. I didn't get any further than: "The Universal etymological English dictionary of 1749 gives the town as "Chester upon Street" (and describes it as "a Village in the Bishoprick of Durham"). At some point this was shortened to the modern form".

To be fair, they are in the same league as Lord's, as Marylebone comes from Mary-le-Bone, which comes from St Mary at the Bourne.

Last edited: