• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Chester-le-Street

Spark

Global Moderator
No I did see it, and kudos to you.......but the implication was still there that it was a "capitulation" as much as an inspired spell of bowling by Broad. And I agree with you ftr.......just not buying into some of the hypocrisy from some posters on this point.
It was absolutely a capitulation. An amazing spell, no less, but as I said in a 4am-induced episode of rage last night, an international class batting side should not have lost so many wickets like that in a short space of time. It's as if they all had a collective "well **** this" once Clarke got out.

And Usman ****ing Khawaja. What the ****. Absolute piss.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just make it stop.
Look, England's handbrake is on, their timing is waaaay off top dead centre and someone's filled their tank with diesel rather than 4 star. I think they've also forgotten to put the anti-freeze in. Fortunately, Ian Bell knows how to push start the vehicle and Stuart Broad refuses to acknowledge that he dinged that other car on the way out of the car park. It's all good.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
prior has been arguably the worst player on either side so far this series, has literally done nothing

Spark

Global Moderator
It was absolutely a capitulation. An amazing spell, no less, but as I said in a 4am-induced episode of rage last night, an international class batting side should not have lost so many wickets like that in a short space of time. It's as if they all had a collective "well **** this" once Clarke got out.

And Usman ****ing Khawaja. What the ****. Absolute piss.
And no, before anyone points it out, we are not an international-class batting side's left ass-cheek.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I expected a low scoring series but thought individuals on both sides would turn up more often than they have. I'm sure we'll have a thread after the next test but I was struggling to put a combined series top six together when I was thinking about it before

Probably something like

Rogers
Root
Warner
Clarke
Bell
Pietersen

But only Rogers and Bell have unquestionable claims in terms of consistency and the order is ****ed
Nah would definitely take Cook ahead of Root. Yeah it's disappointing that he hasn't kicked on to a big score at any stage, but he's generally made himself difficult to dislodge. Aside from his one (fortune-tinged) century, Root has looked a bit of a walking wicket.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Interesting to compare the series of Anderson and Broad really; I'm sure Broad will end up with the better numbers and possibly by quite a distance after the fifth Test but Anderson bowled himself into the ground while the series was still fully alive and suffered due to it, while Broad acted like a support bowler for most of the life portion of the series and then cleaned up when the opposition were meekly folding and then again when the Ashes had already been retained. You could definitely make a case for Broad even having bowled better than Anderson across the series but the Anderson contribution was just so much more valuable because of when he stood up.
I'm going to find it interesting to see how people justify Anderson's gradual decline this series and how it compares with Siddle's. Bowlers are so often punished by fans the moment they have an ordinary match. I mean look at someone like Michael Clarke, he's had one good game this series, Siddle has had 2.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And another thing, why does this **** hole of a ground have a frigging French sounding name? It's in Durham not Dijon ffs.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
prior has been arguably the worst player on either side so far this series, has literally done nothing
That run out chance last night was comedy from Prior. If it had mattered people would have been fuming.

At least in his defence this is the first bad run from him in a long time. Has to improve for the tour down under though.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
tbf the Aussie bowlers have worked on some really good plans for each batsman bar Bell, which some of the English guys struggled to adapt to, although Trott has gotten out a lot of ways and Cook should be showing more restraint outside off. The Aussie batsmen have done pretty well IMO, considering the conditions suit reverse swing and spin, which they wouldn't really be used to. Although Lords was a disaster which was good bowling but awful batting.

Sometimes a team imposes itself on the match and doesn't allow the other to get going at all, however sometimes a team can be accused of letting the other team run all over them, so judging who's playing well or not playing well can be difficult. thb I think both have played pretty well, about 75-90% most of the time, but right now England are a better team and are making better use of the conditions.
Take a stand.