• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Chester-le-Street

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Might be a benefit. He's got worse as the series has gone on.
Well it's not like he could have improved on his start. He bowled well at Lord's. resting him would be absurd. The series isn't won, why give them a sniff?

If Anderson is fit and doesn't play then it tops the time Darren Pattinson was selected as the worst selectorial decision of my time watching England.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Brezzers to continue being England's best bowler, Anderson or Broad to be rested for this one imo.
Won't happen.

As I've said elsewhere, Aus must be sorely tempted to play four quicks at Durham. If Lyon couldn't make an impact at Old Trafford, there's precious little point in playing him at Chester-le-Street.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would like to see Onions play too - if for no other reason than if our batting continues to resemble Lancashire's on a bad day we might need his Agaresque number eleven batting ability

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I want Onions to play, Flower already said he is going to be in the squad so I think he is chance.

If it is a normal Durham pitch it could be over in three days.
inb4road

Durham's T20 pitches have been an absolute ****ing joke this season as well.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Won't happen.

As I've said elsewhere, Aus must be sorely tempted to play four quicks at Durham. If Lyon couldn't make an impact at Old Trafford, there's precious little point in playing him at Chester-le-Street.
With Watson it would be five seamers though. He's almost worth playing just to stop an excessive amount of similar options. Either that or play Faulkner instead because of his batting #ShaneWarneThoughts

91Jmay

International Coach
Aussies should 100% play 4 seamers. Lyon showed nothing against the right handers at OT, Bird in for him.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Aussies should 100% play 4 seamers. Lyon showed nothing against the right handers at OT, Bird in for him.
They've been playing 4 seamers all series. They're just making one of them open the batting for some reason.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Durham will be trying to make a road I would think. 5 days more important than anything else. Especially to the newer test match grounds.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Onions and Bird really should both come in. I find the former much more likely, though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
i dont see why harris would play
That's exactly what I thought.

Bird in for Harris from a series lost/injury prevention/give the kid a go perspective.

Khawaja needing runs with Hughes and Cowan close
Watson needing runs or Faulkner a chance for the final Test.