• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Chester-le-Street

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Isn't the sun out and the wicket dry?
Just a bit of a gut feeling really. It's never a ground that has favoured spin much, and England haven't really done well batting first for a while.

There you go, they're just talking about how reverse swing isn't likely at all because of the lush outfield. Will probably do more on day one than day two or three as a result. Wickets never really break up these days anyway.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Nice to see Bird get a game. Hope he guns it on debut. Didnt think the selectors had it in them to pick this bowling lineup.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Sky are saying that this pitch is very dry liable to break up so not much choice in the matter. Good toss to lose to use the cliche
Yup. Any side worth their salt would bat first, make sure they get to lunch without any pratfalls and then cash in.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just a bit of a gut feeling really. It's never a ground that has favoured spin much, and England haven't really done well batting first for a while.

There you go, they're just talking about how reverse swing isn't likely at all because of the lush outfield. Will probably do more on day one than day two or three as a result. Wickets never really break up these days anyway.
I don't think it was the wrong decision but it could end very badly indeed.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Never joke about a steak mate. Never.
I haven't had a great steak in a while. #belikepete

Hughes in for Uzi for mine, but yeah. :)

Also, O'Keefe. *whimpers*
Maddo!! Ive been a Khawaja fan for a while so would love to see him do well. Its a very important Test for him as I can't see him retaining his spot if he gets out softly in both innings without reaching 40 or so.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I could really smash down a steak right now. What is your penchant, mustard, diane, pepper, mushroom etc?
I usually don't have a sauce on the steak, but usually ask Neil Perry to bring me a side portion of Hot English Mustard.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I could really smash down a steak right now. What is your penchant, mustard, diane, pepper, mushroom etc?
Diane or pepper for me. As much as I hate to say it (mainly because I can't pronounce it), I'm also partial to a red wine jus.

Ruckus

International Captain
yeah depending on what type of steak it is, i'd go mustard on the side or pepper. Gotta stop talking about this though, craving so bad.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year

Eh?? We won the first 2 tests batting first and were in the **** in the 3rd batting second??

Take you your point though, would not have been disappointed if Cook had lost the toss and we got put in.