• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Chester-le-Street

Expressway76

U19 Vice-Captain
I never would have thought that this would be the series in which I actually look forward to the steady run scoring rock that is Ian Bell coming out to bat, WAG.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
nah serious. he's taken a couple of good grabs but his footwork all series has been rat ****. he's frequently being forced to dive when he should never have to. he's been alright because he's got really good hands, and it looks flashy and cool but it's not good keeping.
I'm a big fan of footwork. But since Lord's he's improved a lot. He's not great, he's better than Wade though. Personally I wish we still chose keepers who could catch, had good foot work etc. But ever since Gilchrist took over we've rated batting higher than catching.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
yeah the biggest comparison is that haddin gets into the wrong positions, but still takes everything cleanly in the middle of the gloves. It's not an issue until it gets to the point where he needs to cover more than a regulation amount of ground, in some way like for that last chance*. wade on the other hand, maybe has better footwork, getting into the right spots, but then just straight out drops the ball. his hands are so ****.

* fundamentally he should have been further the other way, if his footwork was more technically correct the chance would have been even more difficult.
Yeah this is spot on. I think if you analysed Wade and Haddin on a technical basis you'd not say Haddin was significantly better, but he's a natural wicket keeper. Wade is someone who is going to have to be really technically sound to be Test standard.

BeeGee

International Captain
Nice 50. Been impressive this series.

Huge partnership this. Some lovely batting on a tricky pitch.

Riggins

International Captain
yeah technique-wise he's not a bad keeper. other than the fact he just drops everything. edges, takes, returns from the outfield, the lot. [edit - wade]

I'm a big fan of footwork. But since Lord's he's improved a lot.
nah, it's been exactly the same, he's just held onto some tough chances, which is good, but not related to his footwork.

Last edited:

Stapel

International Regular
Various people here and also a few commentators think 200 runs would be a stiff target for the 4th innings. Is that really so?

At what size of a lead would we consider things 50-50?

you could try a different "tv"\\@stapel
?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah this is spot on. I think if you analysed Wade and Haddin on a technical basis you'd not say Haddin was significantly better, but he's a natural wicket keeper. Wade is someone who is going to have to be really technically sound to be Test standard.
wade's footwork has always struck me as much the same as haddin's