• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Chester-le-Street

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Good comment on Guardian:

JahConvict said:
as I said the other day, England seem to be paying for their stubborn unwillingness to change anything about their set-up. Australia, by way of contrast have moved an opener down to 6 (OK the replacement opener did nothing special - but the other guy seems to be batting in a better spot) they have tweaked their bowling line-up (some injury related I know) and as a result have improved through the series. Anderson looked knackered at OT, what's wrong with giving the bloke a rest and letting Onions have crack on his home pitch? Well played Chris Rogers, you've got to ride your luck on days like this, he did that with a smile on his face and got his reward, genuinely pleased for the bloke.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Have to say, I'm not really digging the press on Rogers' ton being all scratchy, ugly, etc. He was only beaten regularly in the middle because Broad was getting such big movement and was in the middle of a great spell. Other than that, he was rock-solid in defence, smart about what he left and was harsh on anything loose, as evidenced by the fact he hit half his runs in boundaries. He gave one sharp chance and was only really scratchy on 96. It's was an immense, characterful knock.
Yeah, it was such a memorable knock and the articles I've read at least haven't really captured any of the drama, skill or emotion.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Good comment on Guardian:
No it ****ing isn't. Australia's selection policy has just been to throw a huge pile of **** at a wall and seeing which **** sticks.

So far this series they've:

Called up Steve Smith from outside the initial squad
Dropped the incumbent spinner for a 19 year old.
Moved Watson back up to open
Batted Hughes at 6.
Dropped Cowan after one (admittedly poor) Test where he was ill
Dropped Starc
Batted Hughes at 4
Moved Hughes up to open in a tour game
Dropped him after he made 80 odd in the first Test and 80 odd in the tour game
Dropped Agar and brought back Lyon
Moved Clarke to 4.
Batted Warner at 6
Moved Warner to open
Moved Watson down to 6
Moved Clarke back down to 5 then back up to 4
Dropped Starc again.

How the **** is that a model to admire or follow?