• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Chester-le-Street

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Cabinet again wins his game, well played.
First time I've ever won any form of LMS anywhere tbh.

"I was unsighted by the bowler in his follow through" - every time a guy gives his best mate not out.
Haha, happened to us today.

Dale Steyn's 70 and every time Symonds made more than 15 in Test cricket are right up there too.
But it's Dale Steyn, and he scored 70 odd. ****ing hero.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have to say, I'm not really digging the press on Rogers' ton being all scratchy, ugly, etc. He was only beaten regularly in the middle because Broad was getting such big movement and was in the middle of a great spell. Other than that, he was rock-solid in defence, smart about what he left and was harsh on anything loose, as evidenced by the fact he hit half his runs in boundaries. He gave one sharp chance and was only really scratchy on 96. It's was an immense, characterful knock.

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
Have to say, I'm not really digging the press on Rogers' ton being all scratchy, ugly, etc. He was only beaten regularly in the middle because Broad was getting such big movement and was in the middle of a great spell. Other than that, he was rock-solid in defence, smart about what he left and was harsh on anything loose, as evidenced by the fact he hit half his runs in boundaries. He gave one sharp chance and was only really scratchy on 96. It's was an immense, characterful knock.
Top knock from Rogers.Watson also played well at 6.He should have been batting at 6 a long time ago.Good to see Clarke batting at 4.I also thought Smith was lining up a big one until he got out.I love this team particularly the batting order, so good job by the selectors.The top 4 comprises of two really solid players,an attacking player who could go on and score hundreds and a young batter with loads of potential( hopefully they keep the faith because there is every chance he will deliver).

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Khawaja ought to be given a go in the return leg, as Aussie pitches probably suit him more, but **** am I annoyed at him

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
Khawaja ought to be given a go in the return leg, as Aussie pitches probably suit him more, but **** am I annoyed at him
Agreed,but he'll need to show something substantial though as there are many vying for his spot, namely Maddinson,Hughes and silk.I believe Maddinson isn't that far off.Hughes is a few more runs away from sloting back into the lineup.Batsmen will need to perform.

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
but he's young and talented and made 54 three tests ago?
Yes but hundreds is what gets you noticed.I believe had Hughes scored a hundred in the first innings of the first test( I know he was not out at the end) , he wouldn't have been dropped.Might also be the reason why Warner has replace Watson at the top.Warner has shwon he has the ability to go on and score 3 figures.

Riggins

International Captain
i would really like them to take a leaf from US sports and provide official transcripts of the pressers .

Swingpanzee

International Regular
England's bowling attack has become way too samey. I don't know why the selectors chose Bresnan over Onions for this test.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
missed most of the days play, i was out shopping for a new expresso machine but so happy for rogers WAG he is

and haven't seen any of watson's innings what did you ****s make of it?

pressing question is though; did ajdude make it to work on time?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Watson's innings was premium once he got past about 10, played Swann well and looked to have ironed out his technical flaw until he fell over and got strangled down the legside.

Riggins

International Captain
missed most of the days play, i was out shopping for a new expresso machine but so happy for rogers WAG he is

and haven't seen any of watson's innings what did you ****s make of it?

pressing question is though; did ajdude make it to work on time?
yeah he batted really well. patient. his new trigger movement where he basically has his front foot in the air at the point of delivery might be helping, he seems to be getting into esactly the same positions, but maybe just getting to them a fraxtion of a second faster than earlier in the series, and playing a bit straighter for longer. on the other hand it might be esactly the same shane watson, and he's just in a bit better form having spent some time in the middle. i guess at the end of the day 60 and out is the watto we all know and love*.

*don't actually love.

uvelocity

International Coach
demo needs an av change imo, when im pissed it looks like he's talking to himself when maximus posts straight after